Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2744588 07/21/13 01:13 PM
C
OP Offline
C
First, I need to apologize. We're not in recovery. I'm on another board and my husband is reading my posts, so I moved.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I won't dignify her existence with an acknowledgement. Why? She had 'unprotected' sex with my husband (before we met) and lied about it for 29 years! My WH had another 'unprotected' affair 25 years ago and lied about it for 25 years. D-day 1/26/2013. D-day about my sister, two weeks later.

My sister posted thank you's on FB for her birthday, making it abundantly clear that I wasn't one of them, and paying homage to my deceased father's girlfriend (with whom he cheated on my mother for as long as I can remember). Here's my question, should I out her (my sister) on FB for her indiscretions? This would also out my husband and ruin any chance for recovery. I'm not sure there IS any chance for recovery since he refuses to join me with Steve Harley in phone counseling. My next session with Steve isn't until Tuesday morning, but I'm itching to break my silence, now!

Please, help me make a decision that I can live with.

T
T
Originally Posted by CrazyAunt
Please, help me make a decision that I can live with.

Not only the a decision to live with I can think of no better decision to make. You are paying good money to be counseled by Steve so wait till you talk with him Tuesday morning.

I do not see a problem waiting till then to expose WH and your sister.

C
OP Offline
C
I took a nap and calmed down and I agree with your advise.

It would hurt too many innocent people to blast it on FB. I'll get over my "bad self."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation