Marriage Builders
I'm in the early stages of a divorce and now that I'm alone I feel overwhelmed by thoughts of sex. Websites, bars and women at work. I feel like I just want to do all the things that I wouldn't do while I was married.

The problem is it doesn't make me feel good about myself. I just feel like I don't know what to do with these feelings right now.

I feel alone, rejected and my self-esteem has taken a hit from my wife's affair.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I don't think you are alone at all. I can't say I had quite the same reaction since SF probably isn't as high for me, but I certainly wanted my ENs met. I was not myself at all the first month or two after separation.

If you're concerned about what you're going to do when left alone, then don't be alone. Have a friend checkup on you to help keep you accountable. Find a hobby or volunteer to help keep you busy and not thinking about these things.
Sounds like you need some new hobbies.

Since you have no one there to police your choices, you are going to have to step up and take responsibility.
I feel the EXACT same way man. Sex to me with my wife is more than just a feeling, and it tells me she wants to be with me and everything is ok. My self confidence is down so much because of what happened. I feel your pain, but what I do to get through it is hang out with my friends who do want to be around me. I know that I am loved by them and they enjoy my company.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums