Marriage Builders
Posted By: marksaysay Newly single - 12/25/11 12:08 PM
Well, some of you have followed my thread on the "Surviving An Affair" page. I got paperwork yesterday that our divorce is now final. So here I am, LEGALLY single again.

What's next? I don't know.
What does the future hold for me? I don't know.
Will my now WxW ever wake-up? I don't know.
Will she eventually have to face the consequences of her actions? I believe so.
Will I survive? YES!!!

As I sit here on Christmas morning, I recognize I did everything I could to piece things back together, to break her out of the fog, to pull my family.back together. I did all I could.
Posted By: Kirby Re: Newly single - 12/25/11 02:53 PM
Welcome. I'm sorry.

And, Merry Christmas!!
Posted By: stillcommitted Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 03:03 AM
Mark,

Welcome to the dark side !!!!!!

It's way more fun than all the drama of trying to save a dead marriage, I'm 14 days from mine being done. The thing I let my mind go to is why I filed in the first place, and that that hasn't changed. I find comfort that I did everything in my power to save our marriage and that's all anyone can do.

I spent time with the STBXWW's family this afternoon, my FIL told me again that he considers me his son and is completely on my side. It made my Christmas a better one.

We will all have good days and bad ones, but know your through the worst of it. The fact that you know you did all you could is the most important part. You can hold your head high that you honored your marriage vowels, as I tell you this I tell myself the same thing, that you should be proud of what you have done in spite of suffering the worst thing a person can do to another person.

Hope you'll hang with us here, always good to have another voice in the mix.

Merry Christmas

SC
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 05:17 AM
Thanks, SC. I didn't file. She did because I caught her and she refused to stop using the "your controlling" and "you invaded my privacy" crap. Until the very end, I still didn't want the divorce but there was nothing more I can do. She did believes her life will be so much better with someone else instead of me and I can't change that.

As far as the in-laws, none of them have really spoken to me since exposure. They all say I fought for my marriage the wrong way by exposing because it made my WxW angrier. Instead of showing disappointment for her actions, they simply said "she can do what she wants b/c she's grown". I go to church with mil and aunt and they don't even speak (aunt says hello occasionally).

I thought it would be easier after a yr of fighting, trying to survive it all, to just say "here's your freedom" and let her go. But today was HARD. I can't believe these feelings are so strong for her after all this time, after all she's done, after all she's put me through. I can't believe I still love her like I do.

Today, I hurt the worst I've hurt in many, many months.
Posted By: erika07 Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 02:14 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry you went through this. My WH filed as well and I was thinking about him on Christmas. It is very hard bc we love our (x)spouses even though they do/did so much to hurt us. You are not alone in this. You know that you are surrounded by people here on MB that understand & care.

I hope you will have a great new year!
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 02:53 PM
Thanks Erica. It was very hard yesterday. Especially seeing her whole family yesterday and being treated like just someone they know passively after being a part of the family for 12 years. Hearing everyone talk about the family dinners was tough when I have no family within 1000 miles.

By the way, I like your message at the end of your sig. I basically feel the same way. Restoration IS possible but only through God.

Posted By: Justthe3ofus Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 04:55 PM
My heart goes out to you, Mark. You will need support to get through this, and I'm very sorry that your in-laws have callously dropped you. At least you know their true qualities.

Do you have children? (Sorry, I have not read your other thread.) If not, do you have a support network of close friends and family who can distract you from your pain during this very difficult Holiday season? If yes, get in your car now.

At this point, if there is no hope for reconciliation you have to take care of yourself and start moving forward. If you have kids focus on them when you have them. You should also get the support of family and close friends if you haven't already. I can't imagine going through this alone. Being around close friends and family will help you keep your mind off of your ex. That and my faith has been my saving grace over the past few months. I'd also recommend volunteering and getting busy with projects. Keep yourself focused on things that are constructive. Though you are still in a grieving process that you must let unfold naturally (let time do her work), another door is opening for you. Don't rush through it, but begin moving toward it. By the way, I believe that offering our suffering as a sacrifice to others can lighten the burden and help us find a new purpose.

I hope that the rest of the holidays are better for you. Starting today, push thoughts of your ex and in-laws out of your mind when they come to the forefront. They sound like lost causes to me. Not worth your energy at this point. Make a concerted, conscious effort to not let yourself be owned by hurt and anger that was not of your making. Put your thoughts and emotions into something worthwhile! I dropped a thread here about managing my hurt and resentment, and after some soul searching and reflection, I mustered the wherewithal to push those things away. (Well, I'm not letting them dominate my thoughts anymore.) Simply put, I chose to pursue happiness, and drive away despair. I'm getting much better because of this decision. Good luck!

Peace.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
My heart goes out to you, Mark. You will need support to get through this, and I'm very sorry that your in-laws have callously dropped you. At least you know their true qualities.

Do you have children? (Sorry, I have not read your other thread.) If not, do you have a support network of close friends and family who can distract you from your pain during this very difficult Holiday season? If yes, get in your car now.

At this point, if there is no hope for reconciliation you have to take care of yourself and start moving forward. If you have kids focus on them when you have them. You should also get the support of family and close friends if you haven't already. I can't imagine going through this alone. Being around close friends and family will help you keep your mind off of your ex. That and my faith has been my saving grace over the past few months. I'd also recommend volunteering and getting busy with projects. Keep yourself focused on things that are constructive. Though you are still in a grieving process that you must let unfold naturally (let time do her work), another door is opening for you. Don't rush through it, but begin moving toward it. By the way, I believe that offering our suffering as a sacrifice to others can lighten the burden and help us find a new purpose.

I hope that the rest of the holidays are better for you. Starting today, push thoughts of your ex and in-laws out of your mind when they come to the forefront. They sound like lost causes to me. Not worth your energy at this point. Make a concerted, conscious effort to not let yourself be owned by hurt and anger that was not of your making. Put your thoughts and emotions into something worthwhile! I dropped a thread here about managing my hurt and resentment, and after some soul searching and reflection, I mustered the wherewithal to push those things away. (Well, I'm not letting them dominate my thoughts anymore.) Simply put, I chose to pursue happiness, and drive away despair. I'm getting much better because of this decision. Good luck!

Peace.

Thanks for your words. I know that I simply have to take it a day at a time.

The issue with the inlaws did bother me greatly but what can I do about it? What bothered me the most is they are all "professing" Christians and instead standing against wrong, they excused her behavior by saying "that's what women do when they are fed up" (referring to her adultery).

As far as children, we have a daughter and I'm just trying to be the best father I can right now. I have no other choice.

You say "if" there is no chance at reconciliation. There is. But there are many obstacles like her recognizing and accepting her faults and responsibility for our marital breakdown, ending her adulterous relationship, and recommitting herself to living a Godly life. None of those things I can control so I just have to accept things the way they are.

As far as support, I don't really have much. No family lives within 1000 miles. I have a couple of friends whom I can talk to. The keeping busy part has its challenges. Right now I work 2 jobs to support myself. I don't get much opportunity to just have fun. I had to miss all of the Christmas parties because I had to work.

It'll get better sooner or later. I just have to hang on.

Posted By: reading Re: Newly single - 12/26/11 06:04 PM
The rollercoaster ride will continue even with the D final but you will grow a new social network to help cope and try to release judgment of her family and others who didn't support you trying to save the marriage. God is their judge, not any of us.
Focus on your health, your child, your work, your being open to new friendships and let the future unfold for you.
Posted By: erika07 Re: Newly single - 12/27/11 04:25 AM
Keep going to church, keep reading your bible on a daily basis. We all know that just because the d is final, it doesn't mean that this roller coaster ride is over.

I also have no family around. Mine are also more than 1000 miles away...and it sucks to go through all of this without your blood close by.

I am sorry your former in-laws gave you the cold shoulder. I didn't get a phone call from my MIL for the first time ever, and I know its due to me and WHs pending divorce.

I feel exactly the way you do, all we can do is take things one day at a time.

Posted By: SusieQ Re: Newly single - 12/27/11 08:12 PM

As far as support, I don't really have much. No family lives within 1000 miles. I have a couple of friends whom I can talk to.

I live near my family and best friends & have a very good support system, and sometimes, it's still very hard, so I can imagine how tough this must be for you...

mark, I know you don't have much free time but have you looked into DivorceCare? They have a website and you can search for groups that meet in your area, and I have seen it recommended here on the forums. Am waiting until after the holidays to join one.

Hang in there!
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 12/27/11 09:34 PM
I'm doing the best I can. Yes, time is very limited and so is money so my recreational options aren't many. I'm a minister, so doing the club thing is not for me.

I checked and the nearest divorce care place is 1/2 away on a night I work. So much for that.

I'm gonna keep plugging along. Right now, its tougher than I imagined. We've been separated for over a year but the finalization has caused some emotional I'd thought I'd moved beyond to resurface.

I just have to keep thinking, one day at a time...
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 12/31/11 06:01 PM
I posted something similar on my other thread but I'm ending 2011 on a fairly good note. I came into some money so I literally going "out with the old and in with the new".

I came into a little cash so I'm doing a major wardrobe Makeover. I hadn't spent any money on myself in over a year (really didn't have the ability). But I did it BIG over the last couple days. I know they say "clothes don't make the man" but they have definitely made me feel alot better.

Just gotta keep moving....
Posted By: TTFG Re: Newly single - 12/31/11 11:59 PM
It does feel good sometimes. I bought something I have wanted for 10 years and when I wear it, I just feel better. Good for you keep on keepin on!
Posted By: New_Path Re: Newly single - 01/01/12 01:51 AM
Oh Mark, I'm sorry. I know you tried, the problem is that it takes 2 with a commitment to rebuild a M unfortunately your WW choose the latter.

Hey I will be joining the single club again soon myself. So when we fill out new paperwork do we check the box that says D or single? dontknow

I know its hard but focus on DD and planning what you want out of your life.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Newly single - 01/01/12 04:26 AM
I've often wondered that myself, how "divorced" is different from single as far as forms go.
Posted By: lovestations Re: Newly single - 01/04/12 01:46 AM
You have to start with a new life don't bother yourself you have to move on and enjoy...
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 01/09/12 05:35 PM
So its been a little more than 3 weeks since the D was final. Everyday has seemed to be better than the day before. I've been getting tons of compliments on my new wardrobe. My finances are starting to look up. I've started counseling other couples. I'm doing things for myself.

With no family and few real friends here, it is difficult at times (I'm a minister in a small town and I don't do the club or bar thing). I still haven't seen or spoke to xWW in about 7 months other than seeing her in court. I do still love her and hope that one day she'll see the light but in the meanwhile, I'll continue to stand for my marriage.
Posted By: Kirby Re: Newly single - 01/09/12 06:03 PM
It sounds like you're doing well. I'm so happy for you! smile

I'm really curious, though, what does it mean to stand for your marriage? I'm not being snarky or anything....I've seen so many reactions to divorce from people who jump into the next relationship about 10 minutes after the divorce is filed all the way to those who remain bitter for a lifetime. What's your plan?
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 01/09/12 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kirby
I'm really curious, though, what does it mean to stand for your marriage?

What does it mean? I found a great explanation for "standing"

Standing is a conviction of the Spirit to believe and to have faith in God to work in a person or situation that the world either says is impossible or all signs point away from what God is telling you. You �stand� when you have strong conviction that it is the �right� thing to do according to God�s Word. God�s perfect will is outlined in His word. When we try to live according to his Word, we are trying to live in His perfect will.

Though the bible clearly spells out God�s plan and will for marriage and family and His thoughts on divorce and separation, God also does not want you to have an unhealthy relationship. For that reason, �standing� is much more than just asking God to bring back a spouse. It is about standing for *all* of the changes that need to take place in your marriage. He wants your marriage to be a healthy marriage for both husband and wife. In �standing� you are actively working to purify yourself so that you can be the spouse that God has called you to be. You are also standing in the place of your spouse and interceding for them in prayer that God may also work in them to make them the spouse God has called them to be. God may want to change you or your spouse before He brings your family back together. It is critical that while you are faithfully standing for your marriage, that you are also allowing God, day by day to change and purify your life.

Above all you must understand that in �standing� your faith must be in God and not in your spouse. Your spouse has a free will and God will not control them back to you, but if you stand for your marriage you are trusting God to work in the situation and you will know that you are doing all that you can do to stand for what is right and oppose what is wrong. In the end, Christ will be glorified before man and God will bless you no matter what your spouse does! The following 10 steps outline what we must do to �stand� for our marriages.

1) Praying and Trusting God � As is implied in the word, to �stand� for your marriage means that you will pray for the restoration of your marriage and trust God in that restoration. We know that divorce is not God�s will and if we ask in accordance to His will He will be faithful to hear us.

2) Work on your Problems and Purify Yourself � Marriages don�t fall apart by accident. They fall apart because we fail. Most of the time, that failure is a cooperative effort between both partners in the marriage even if one party is more at fault than the other. You must take an honest assessment of your life and your marriage and look for your own shortcomings. Whether you or our spouse are �mostly� at fault for the state of your marriage, you must look for areas where YOU can improve and commit yourself to work on those areas. You should seek council from your pastor or qualified Christian councilors about your problems and how you can be restored from past failures in your marriage. In addition to problems that may have directly hurt your marriage you should examine your whole life and seek to �purify� yourself from all sin. Don�t just �ask for forgiveness� but truly REPENT (or turn away from) the sins in your life. Depending on your situation that may mean making dramatic changes in your lifestyle. You should not put yourself in a situation where you could be tempted to fall back into the sin. As all Christians should do, we should constantly be examining our lives for ways that we can improve and become more �Christ- like.�

3) Find someone to hold you accountable � Don�t work on your problems in a vacuum. Don�t run from your church, family or your friends or the people who know you best. Seek counsel from your pastor and confess your sins and shortcomings to him so that he may help you in your walk toward restoration. Find a close friend or two with mature Christian walks and ask them to hold you accountable. This step is absolutely critical in cases where habitual sins, like alcoholism, or drugs have plagued your life. Humble yourself and pledge your full openness and honesty to those who will hold you accountable. Do not however, go around telling intimate details of relationship with everyone you know. Be careful of your motives that you are not simply trying to �rally� support.

4) Pray for your Spouse � As mentioned above, failure in marriage is usually a cooperative effort. But you cannot, and should not try, to change your spouse. Instead you need to constantly hold them up in prayer. Intercede for them.

5) Bless those who curse you � During the time that you stand for your marriage, Satan will often try to discourage you. Satan wants your marriage to fail and he�s willing to make you miserable just to get you to give up. He hates your faith in God and he will find people to attack and mock your faith. When you are being attacked, know that God is faithful when we call upon his name and that He is the reason for our joy. Don�t just turn the other cheek but also lift the attacker up in prayer. Speak blessings over them. Psalms is a good book to read during these times. Often, attacks are a sign that God is working in the situation. Rejoice in that!

6) Learn from the past but move on � Sometimes, in severe conflicts, your spouse or the people around them will dredge up past sins, problems and issues in your life. Treat this as an opportunity. Anything brought up against you should be discussed with your pastor or counselor. Examine yourself and make sure that problems of the past will always stay in the past and that history will not repeat itself. Severe conflict is a time to �burn� up and completely destroy the sins of your past. Don�t miss the opportunity!

7) Walk in Forgiveness �It is important to forgive. Whether it is forgiveness for the transgressions that led to your current crisis or transgressions that are occurring because of the crisis, make sure that you release it all to God. If you have difficulty releasing forgiveness, you must seek counseling on the matter. Unforgiveness will lead to a hardened heart. Don�t let unforgiveness hinder your stand!

Reach out to others � Resist the temptation to turn completely inward during your time of standing. While this should be a time of introspection, repentance, and healing, you must also keep from letting your circumstances overwhelm you. Get involved in your church. Attend church at every opportunity and volunteer yourself to help others. Helping others will help you. How you stand for your marriage can be a tremendous blessing and ministry to those around you particularly if you are making a dramatic turnaround from past sins in your life. You should not, however, be in a position of leadership at this time (see 1 Timothy 3 for more on qualifications of overseers and deacons.) instead, heep yourself completely submitted and accountable to your Church leaders in anything that you do. You should approach everything as if you are �young� or �newly renewed� in Christ but don�t be hindered from doing good deeds.

9) Keep yourself humble � When you follow the steps above you will find yourself growing rapidly in Christ. Your Christian walk will improve dramatically. This is often is very stark contrast to the complaints that your spouse still holds against you. If you are in a severe conflict. Your spouse may not want to see your changes or they may not believe your changes are real. Until your differences can be resolved, you must work and pray extra hard for humility in your walk with Christ. Few things will alienate others from Christ like hypocrisy or the appearance of hypocrisy in a believer.

10) Comply with the legal process � This is perhaps the most difficult step of all for many reasons. As Christians we should try to settle our disagreements, including those over marriage, in the church among believers.

I know this was quite lengthy, but my feeble attempt at trying to explain it wouldn't have done it justice.
Posted By: Kirby Re: Newly single - 01/09/12 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by marksaysay
I found a great explanation for "standing" on Marriagewalk.com...

Standing is a conviction of the Spirit to believe and to have faith in God to work in a person or situation that the world either says is impossible or all signs point away from what God is telling you.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope that you are hearing clearly from God.

In my case, I'm the one who filed for divorce. However, my WXH told me that he was no longer a believer, he moved out the house and stopped financially supporting me and the children, and he was having an affair. I feel that God released from the marriage.

I will pray for you.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 01/10/12 08:24 PM
Well, I posted this on my other thread and will do it here also. I don't know if I should continue on the SAA thread or not. I am divorced now. But anyhow, here it goes...

After making the major changes to my wardrobe (which has made me feel really good), I made another change yesterday. I walked out of my 8-5 job. After 2 years and contemplating leaving for a long time, I just walked out. Something happened that caused me to say that I'd had enough and I just left.

I did inform my part-time employer that I will most likely be changing my availability to move to full-time and they were totally okay with it. I make a comparable amount there only part-time so I won't rush to move to full-time yet. I'm gonna enjoy some time off and see where things go.

My personal journey continues ...
Posted By: Kirby Re: Newly single - 01/10/12 09:44 PM
Wow. I forgot to tell you what I tell all newly divorced men...

Now don't go all crazy. (Am I too late??)
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 01/10/12 10:49 PM
Oh, I am far from crazy. It was actually something I'd debated doing for a really long time. What happened yesterday was just enough. I woke up this morning feeling better than I'd felt in a long time. I've been on cloud nine all day. It was the right thing to do for me.

I make about the same at my part-time job with less hours and less headaches. It was a GREAT move.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/09/12 04:05 PM
Thought I might give an update on this thread since i haven't been in a while.

I'm doing great!!! I started working out again about 3 weeks ago with a goal of gaining 20 - 25 lbs of muscle. My starting stats were 5'10", 157 (I've never been heavier than 165). I've gained 8 lbs and my physique is definitely starting to show (been getting tons of comments).

I've started a regular Sunday evening ritual of going out and doing karaoke when i don't have my daughter and I love it. I sing pretty well (been singing since age 5) and I get tons of attention from women. I haven't taken my ring off yet and I'm not really looking for anything but it's nice to get the attention.

On another note, this past Sunday, my pastor called me in his office before church because a member of the church was upset because my wxw confronted her about the rumor she and I were dating. Can you believe that? Pastor asked me to tell wxw she couldn't do that because she wasn't my wife anymore. I told him I wouldn't tell her anything as I'm still plan b and my personal life is really no longer her concern. I just thought that was funny really. She destroys our family with her adultery, hasn't given up other man (men) - as far as I know - and she wants to be bothered by the idea that i'm dating. The rumor isn't true but it really makes you wonder what she would actually do if I did start dating...
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 02:32 AM
So its been a while since I updated this thread. Things are going well. I'm doing good with my workout regiment. Im up 11 lbs since I started a month ago. I still have my activities that allow me some fun and enjoyment. DD and I have been having a ball. With me working nights now, I get to do things I ordinarily couldn't like eat lunch with her at school and watch her presentations at school.

There is one thing that has been driving me crazy, though. DD always has something to tell me regarding how WxW has bought her this and bought her that. It makes me sick to see how WxW is trying to "buy" DD. With tine, I believe DD will see through it. Right now, she's 8 and just loves all the gifts.
Posted By: JenniferVoyager Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 04:32 AM
Hang in there about the buying things for the child...your daughter will see through it in the long run. And what kids always want is quality time, not stuff, so you're giving her what she truly wants. smile

That's exciting about your job working out so well...I've been tempted to change up my work life as well, but scared of the risks. Maybe I'll need to get past the D first....
Posted By: Caracal Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 07:48 AM
JV's right. My nephew (now aged 5) has grown up with a wayward mother, and is given every new toy or gadget from her and her side of the family. He has been in childcare from 6am to 6pm from the age of 18 months since she left for her AP.

Our side of the family does not spoil him with gifts, but indulges him with time. He loves it. We have old hand-me-down toys on offer for his visits, and he couldn't care less. Throwing a frisbee, playing mini-golf... I am sure he will remember this more than the latest computer game he was given. My brother does not always see this, as he is annoyed with WXW (and has not Plan B'd her). My parents and I do though. Outside perspective helps.

And Mark... whilst DD may tell you all about the latest gifts from WXW... she will also tell her mother all about what the two of you did together and spoke about. But in Plan B... you should be focussing on your relationship with DD. The example your WXW is setting may get up your nose, that is human, but it is not worth your focussing on it.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 04:19 PM
Jv and caracal,
Thanks for helping me remember whats my main focus. It is just disheartening to see, though. Its amazing how such a wonderful woman can just change seemingly over night. I still pray for her daily and I still haven't removed the ring. I'm not even sure if I ever will.

Anyway I'm about to have lunch with dd. yeah!!
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 07:25 PM
Your DD will probably look at her the same way I used to look at my dad, back when he was trying to be a "good dad," but really didn't give two $@*(s.

'I don't like you, but I'll take that CD Player!'
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 08:21 PM
Todays lunch with dd was good but somewhat saddening. Everytime I see her, her hair is a mess. It even has started breaking off and its sad. Wxw would never let dd go around like that. I hate it.

HEY! I have her this weekend. I think I'm gonna try to find someone to do it and make it look nice. Thats what I'll do!
Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 09:44 PM
Todays lunch with dd was good but somewhat saddening. Everytime I see her, her hair is a mess. It even has started breaking off and its sad. Wxw would never let dd go around like that. I hate it.

HEY! I have her this weekend. I think I'm gonna try to find someone to do it and make it look nice. Thats what I'll do!

I think that is an excellent idea!
Posted By: Migs Re: Newly single - 02/24/12 10:58 PM
Making a girl feel pretty and special is worth WAY more than material things. This is a brilliant idea. smile
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/25/12 02:25 AM
Its done. Someone from my church is gonna do it sunday evening!

I guess I should clarify that wxw would never let dd look that way in her normal state of mind. We all know she is not that person anymore. But I continue to pray that that person will return some day.

Miracles do happen!!!
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 02/27/12 05:43 AM
Got dd's hair done today. It looks better than ive seen it in well over a year. While I can't take credit for the hairdo, i'm proud to have paid for it. She looks great!
Posted By: lostman101 Re: Newly single - 02/27/12 02:55 PM
Good for you! Thats gotta make both of you feel great!
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 06/17/12 06:37 PM
Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post here. I very rarely even read the thread at all anymore but I just thought I'd share something from last night.

I decided to go out and enjoy myself for a bit. I had been standing out front chatting with a few people for about 15 min. when here comes my wxw and 2 of her gfs. The 3 entered the building, walked right by me and I DID NOT CARE.

She obviously didn't care about the bogus PO she has against me since I was there 1st so neither did I. At first I contemplated leaving because they were there. That thought was quickly scrapped. I entered a few minutes later, walked within 2 ft of the trio without eye contact, bought a beer and sat down. I had planned to do it anyhow, so that's what I did.

They ended up leaving about 1/2 later but I REALLY DIDN'T CARE!!!

This was only the 2nd time I've seen her in over a year. In the days and months before, I would have literally fell apart and probably even left, allowing simply her presence to fluster me. That didn't happen and it felt GREAT.

At one time, I came her proclaiming my "unconditional" love and now I even wonder if I still even love her at all. One thing I am totally sure of is I've let her go.......

In some ways, I almost seem like last night's encounter was some sort of victory. I mean, I can barely tell you what she had on or even what she looked like. I noticed she was wearing white pants and that she had long braids, but other than that I don't even know. Once I entered, I didn't even look her direction.

She was probably quite surprised to see me out and drinking a beer. I hadn't done either of those things in the last 6-8 years of our marriage. Actually I hadn't drank in 10 yrs. Maybe that's a regression of sorts but I don't drink to get drunk. I don't even drink at home.

But nonetheless, I'm happy about how things went last night....

Posted By: My4Loves Re: Newly single - 06/17/12 09:58 PM
You are making such progress. Keep walking the path of glory.
Posted By: Kirby Re: Newly single - 06/18/12 01:43 AM
I decided to go out and enjoy myself for a bit. I had been standing out front chatting with a few people for about 15 min. when here comes my wxw and 2 of her gfs. The 3 entered the building, walked right by me and I DID NOT CARE.

She obviously didn't care about the bogus PO she has against me since I was there 1st so neither did I. At first I contemplated leaving because they were there. That thought was quickly scrapped. I entered a few minutes later, walked within 2 ft of the trio without eye contact, bought a beer and sat down. I had planned to do it anyhow, so that's what I did.

They ended up leaving about 1/2 later but I REALLY DIDN'T CARE!!!

This was only the 2nd time I've seen her in over a year. In the days and months before, I would have literally fell apart and probably even left, allowing simply her presence to fluster me. That didn't happen and it felt GREAT.

Isn't it wonderful when you disconnect from the one who was hurting you? I'm glad you're doing so well.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 06/24/12 04:12 PM
So this makes 2 weeks in a row that I've encountered my wxw on a night out. This time i didn't realize she was in the same establishment (it was a packed house) until a mutual friend told me they saw her. I REALLY DIDN'T CARE!!!

I stayed and did what I'd planned to do, have a good time, and i did. I shot the breeze with some guys, drank a couple of beers, danced, and simply enjoyed myself. I did pass wxw a few times throughout the night but, again I didn't care.

At one point, i stepped out to catch some air and passed her with some overweight guy. I didn't care. I actually laughed because I'm a former college/pro baseball player who has maintained my physique over the years. The guy she was with didn't seem much like an upgrade....oh well.

Her pursuit for my replacement seems to be continuing still after 18 months. Dating websites, facebook, clubs, and bars...she's still looking. But we all know she'll find that green grass, don't we?

Last time, I wished I'd had a girl on my arm. This time I was glad I was alone. I had a good time all by myself and I'm SURE she saw it.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Newly single - 06/24/12 09:31 PM
Good for you. hurray
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 06/27/12 10:43 PM
I posted this on my saa thread but I'll put it here also....

WOW! What is going on???

Today, I ran into my wxw twice. This makes 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Before that, I had only seen her once in 8 months.

The first encounter today was as I was driving by a house where she must have been working (she's a social worker). When I turned the corner, I saw her standing on the porch. When I passed, I looked in the rearview and her eyes were fixed on my car.

The second encounter today was about 1/2 hour later. I met up at the park to chat with a girl a met recently and my wxw drives up. Again, she seemed to be working, but i was surprised she stayed because it was obvious she saw me standing there.

I didn't stay once she got out (since her PO says I'm a physical threat to her...which i'm not). But the real reason I left was the point was made even clearer than what she witnessed the last 2 saturday nights.

The last 2 Saturday she's seen me out having a good time by myself. Today, she saw me talking to another women. She now should understand that I AM MOVING ON!!!!
Posted By: Jedi_Knight Re: Newly single - 06/28/12 03:25 AM
Have you considered moving to another town so you don't have to see her?
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 06/28/12 06:04 PM
It really doesn't bother me to see her. I'm starting to really believe that I may no longer love her anymore.
Posted By: Justthe3ofus Re: Newly single - 06/30/12 06:00 AM
If you say so, but not loving her any more doesn't erase the memories or pain. Resentment has to be fired up when you run into her. Seeing her serves no valuable purpose.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Newly single - 06/30/12 01:28 PM
It really doesn't bother me to see her. I'm starting to really believe that I may no longer love her anymore.
This means your lovebank is empty for her.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 06/30/12 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
If you say so, but not loving her any more doesn't erase the memories or pain. Resentment has to be fired up when you run into her. Seeing her serves no valuable purpose.

You may not believe it and it sounds weird to say but i really feel nothing. There is no resentment to fire up.

I just see it this way now. My wxw chose to cheat, destroy our family, limit my time with dd, etc etc but those were her choices to make. I did my best to keep my family together. It didnt work so im moving on. I'M MOVING ON!!!!

Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 10/23/12 11:16 PM
Well, it looks like its been quite a while since I've been here. Just thought I'd give a quick update.

I'm still single but its by choice. Hadnt met anyone that ive been too crazy about. There's been some dating but nothing serious.

Right now, ive kinda submerged myself into music. I havent starting writing (I probably should, though). Right now, i do a lot of popular music. I play piano/keyboard and i sing and I've been approached with several band offers.
I do a lot of solo open mic nights and was asked if i would like to be on a local spotlight show on a local TV station.

It was weird! This guy just walked up and interrupted me after my second song. Anyway....i think i might do it. Who knows? I simply started do this music thing because i love it and I'm pretty good at it...

Yesterday, I "booked" my first paid gig. I will be 1 of 4 acts to perform in 30 minute slots at a local bbq & blues restaurant. It's gonna be kinda cool. I've never done anything like that before. I'm getting more excited as that day approaches. I'm actually taking a break now from practicing on the keys to type this post. I can't wait!!!
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Newly single - 10/24/12 03:16 AM
Thanks for the update and I just finished catching up on your entire year of updates. Nice progress. I really like how you handled yourself and let recovery come to you.

Good luck with the gig and don't be a stranger
Posted By: eo11 Re: Newly single - 10/26/12 05:43 PM
I just cannot even imagine myself getting to the point where I can call myself single.

I just want my life back and to rebuild it.

If you have truly gotten to a point where you are over it, run and enjoy your life for those of us that cannot.

If however it is just pride or embarasment and you still love her, dont give up.
Posted By: marksaysay Re: Newly single - 10/27/12 03:29 AM
In all honesty, I've never stopped loving her and i dont think i ever will. What i have done is realized that she is her own person and that if she chooses to do the things she's done and continues to do (i think...im in plan), then i just have accept that and live my life. She will always be special to me...no matter what!!!

Im on my way to a Halloween party now...fun, fun, fun!!!
© Marriage Builders® Forums