Marriage Builders
Posted By: celticvoyager A new year's promise: - 01/01/12 06:57 AM

A new year often signifies new beginnings. A chance to start things new and right. Traditionally it has been for most of us an opportunity for failure. I want to challenge all of you (and myself) with a promise:

A promise to be more than we were last year.

Betrayed spouse? To care for ourselves and loved ones as best we are able. To refrain from AO's and DJ's, to put the year behind us and move towards the goal of being a former BS. That will be different for many of us. Some of us will recover, some will not have marriages, but we can still love and live the best we can.

Wayward spouse? Get and F on your report card this year. Put in your hard work, be open and honest, leave your lover and love your spouse as you never have. tighten your boundaries and place Ep's in your life that build trust. earn respect and be someone worthy of love.

Recovered? to work to keep the principles of good marriage in place. To improve upon the skills we have learned and to be the very best we can for not only ourselves, but our spouses, children and family as well. It is our year to sharpen our tools and apply them with skill.

It means a year of work, but also a year of satisfying growth and life.

This is my promise this year. That I will love Grace and my kids better than I did last year. That I will be there for them, care for them, put their interests above mine and selflessly work for their good in every aspect. I will set my bar high and work hard to attain it, knowing that if I fail, it won't be for lack of trying. 2012 will not be like years past. It will be better, more...well, more right.

CV
Posted By: LuvsDavid Re: A new year's promise: - 01/01/12 03:38 PM
clap

Thank you. Going to go hug my FWH now.
Posted By: celticvoyager Re: A new year's promise: - 01/01/12 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by LuvsDavid
clap

Thank you. Going to go hug my FWH now.
Hope you are feeling better!

CV
Posted By: sweetpea2011 Re: A new year's promise: - 01/03/12 04:20 PM
Excellent post, celtic!
Posted By: MikeStillSmiling Re: A new year's promise: - 01/03/12 04:28 PM
CV-

Just sent my wife a sappy text. Confirmed to her that we are one and this is OUR year.

Good post.

mss
Posted By: SunnyDinTX Re: A new year's promise: - 01/04/12 04:26 PM
This inspired me this morning...and I needed that!!!

Thanks, CV!

2012 is going to be GREAT! smile
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums