Marriage Builders
Posted By: karmasrose OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 05:30 PM
I've watched this go from a betrayal in Brad's marriage of before to a gazillion kids, to Brad having his hands all over the nanny, looking like he's 15 years older (and Angie looking similarly older)...

But are they part of the 3%? They've lasted a lot longer than one would expect, though the news of their fights is unnerving.

So what's taking them so darn long to implode? Thoughts?
Posted By: reading Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 05:47 PM
I think they are still together because they have 'true love'

Their love is more powerful than any other and they 'belong together'

They are true soul mates

LOL.

(Who knows?! Who cares?!)

BTW.....I don't believe what I posted. LOL.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 05:48 PM
I really don't see how they've lasted THIS long. All those children, no doubt Angie's body isn't what it used to be (I root for Megan Fox, she is SO much better looking than Angie)...
Posted By: reading Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 05:51 PM
I root for one of them to cheat on the other with their new soul mate.

Well, not really, that would be horrible for the kids.

The kids are probably one of the factors for them sticking together.

Kids really are cement. To break away from them for lust is a challenge even for evil waywards who seem to do it easily.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 05:55 PM
I think they're more conscious and careful of their relationship because of the scrutiny. And they've committed to their kids. I think it's a matter of "We can't screw this up. The whole world is watching."

And what the heck - maybe they are very happy and were mismatched before. It happens.
Posted By: themud Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 06:03 PM
Are you serious?

Not going to last.
It's only a matter of time before it crumbles. I bet they are not even happily "together", I bet it's all for show like so many other high-profile relationships that need to keep the status quo in order to keep in good graces with the public and their "fans".

Besides...are they even married? I had thought they weren't but I can't stand them so I really don't keep up on their status.

Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 06:07 PM
I'm not sure they are.

I've seen magazines' articles and such detailing what a b@$&* Angie is, yelling and screaming, etc.

HEY BRAD!

HOW'D THAT WHOLE -- LEAVE YOUR WIFE FOR A HOT YOUNG THING WORK OUT FOR YOU? PRETTY GOOD?
Posted By: Mulan Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 06:08 PM
I don't think they are married. I don't think they are happy. I think Angie meant for the the busload of kids to force them to stay together. And I think there's the embarrassment of splitting up when everybody knows it was their affair that busted up Brad's marriage in the first place.

There are plenty of rumors that they won't last another 18 months. Being together does not necessarily mean being happy.
Mulan
Posted By: Pepperband Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 06:09 PM
Today I was reading Newsweek(a terrible rag, don't bother) ... but anyway ...

Tiger's mug is on the cover "Why we can't look away - Understanding our craven celebrity culture - "

In the article they said this about Brad and Angie:

Brad and Angelina are far better known for their life together than for the films they make, and more people follow their exploits than attend their films.

... and it's true.
Posted By: cobol_girl Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 07:25 PM
I think sometimes ppl marry the wrong person. I know my first M was the wrong person. I was wrong for him and he was also for me. He has been M to the woman he had an A with while we were M. He was very abusive to me and when I found out he was cheating I left and D him and am so glad I did even today. When I discovered they were cheating it was the look he had in his eyes as he told me he was torn between loving her and having kids with me and being M to me and raising his kids. I gladly let him go. Of course after I left he tried to change his mind but I knew that we M too young and were not made for each other. Even though he and his W had an A during our M, I truly do love his W and she is so good to the child my XH and I share together. Of course my XH is now cheating on her and exhibiting the same behavior he did with me. I don't talk to him but I have a friendly relationship with her and he is an awful H once again. I was never mad at her because even though I didn't cheat on my XH, I wanted out of the M so badly and I was actually glad to get out. I actually feel sorry for her because I know how bad he can be.

So, I think sometimes we marry the wrong ppl and everyone has a right to end a M if they don't want to be in it. I even told my current H when I found out that he cheated that if he found someone else and I wasn't the one I would let him go as bad as it would hurt me. I love my current H much more than I ever loved my XH and even though he had an A, I believe that we were made for each other.

I would rather my H leave me than to continue to cheat on me if I am not the woman he wants but that is just me.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
I think sometimes ppl marry the wrong person. I know my first M was the wrong person. I was wrong for him and he was also for me. He has been M to the woman he had an A with while we were M. He was very abusive to me and when I found out he was cheating I left and D him and am so glad I did even today. When I discovered they were cheating it was the look he had in his eyes as he told me he was torn between loving her and having kids with me and being M to me and raising his kids. I gladly let him go. Of course after I left he tried to change his mind but I knew that we M too young and were not made for each other. Even though he and his W had an A during our M, I truly do love his W and she is so good to the child my XH and I share together. Of course my XH is now cheating on her and exhibiting the same behavior he did with me.

So, I think sometimes we marry the wrong ppl and everyone has a right to end a M if they don't want to be in it. I even told my current H when I found out that he cheated that if he found someone else and I wasn't the one I would let him go as bad as it would hurt me. I love my current H much more than I ever loved my XH and even though he had an A, I believe that we were made for each other.

I would rather my H leave me than to continue to cheat on me if I am not the woman he wants but that is just me.

I am curious.
Have you read/studied ANY of the material on MB. Like the "Basic Concepts" for instance?
Posted By: cobol_girl Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 07:30 PM
Have you read/studied ANY of the material on MB. Like the "Basic Concepts" for instance?

Yes, I actually have. My current H and I have studied it in-depth. I just don't believe that all marriages can or should be saved. JMHO
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 07:37 PM
In many ways, the media attention functions in the same way as a BS who won't let go, but won't conduct a proper Plan B either. In other words, the waywards have a continuous supply of drama. In the case of celebreties, it's out of the BS's hands.

I have theorized previously that drama is an important component to maintaining an affair. My WXH's affair is still active nearly 3 years after d-day and possibly 4 years in total. But throughout this whole time, OW has been in all out battle with OWH over issues surrounding their DD (now 9). They had the standard custody and CS battle, followed by visitation schedule battle, then OW ran over OWH with her truck so there were criminal charges, then a restraining order, anger management courses, court appointed IMs, failure to use that properly, now more court for more custody and on and on and on. Spattered amongst that mess has been my side of it as we had DS's wedding in which OW was not invited to, DS's grad where WXH had to have lunch with me and my family, and more recently when WXH stole my income tax refund and I had to file a small claims court suit against him (coming up in January). In discussions with OWH I have learned that all of the issues with me have occured when it's been quiet for him and vice versa. These 2, (OW and WXH) have no relationship other than it's them united against us. As long as there is a raging battle, their relationship thrives.

There are other situations here on MB with similar dynamics. Holyheart and Hope come to mind but they aren't the only ones. And we are all regular people. Imagine when you have the whole world providing this drama?
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 08:31 PM
My first reaction was: (1) publicity and (2) kids. Looks like some others agree. How odd for me to be the brief one!MrRollieEyes

tl
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 09:36 PM
I think sometimes ppl marry the wrong person. <snip>

I think people DO make mistakes in every area of life - marriages are no exception. No one should be in an unsuitable, unworkable M. My first M lasted a very short time. H left me for another woman. That was over 25 years ago - they are still together and are very happy. I am happy for them. It didn't take long for me to realize just how ill-suited we were for each other. We married too hastily and without any true conception of what married life would be like, which often happens.

Posted By: not2fun Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 10:03 PM
"we married too young".....
"we weren't meant to be together..."
"we were ill-suited......"
"we married to fast....."

these were all the same lines my H said to me when he was entrenched with OW......

I'll quote from a wise woman on here....."Marriage is not about finding the right one....it's BEING the right one"

Brangelina are NOT married. They are waiting till "everyone" can have that right........ MrRollieEyes

Around these parts they are what we call renters.....

Not2fun
Posted By: Neak Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 10:56 PM
When I discovered they were cheating it was the look he had in his eyes as he told me he was torn between loving her and having kids with me and being M to me and raising his kids. I gladly let him go. Of course after I left he tried to change his mind but I knew that we M too young and were not made for each other. Even though he and his W had an A during our M, I truly do love his W and she is so good to the child my XH and I share together.

Cobol, this is pretty foggy. I hope you stay around here and keep learning. You may not realize how unhealthy this situation is till you've been out of it for a while, even if that doesn't happen till the kids turn 18.

Mom - brief? faint
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/16/09 11:35 PM
Mom - brief? faint

See? It's such a rare occurrence that when I saw this, it took me a few minutes to know what you were talking about...and I started it! Premature senility--it's a sad thing.MrRollieEyes

tl
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/17/09 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by not2fun
Around these parts they are what we call renters.....

More like freeloaders IMO
Posted By: HerPapaBear Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/17/09 01:35 AM
Who the heck are Brad and Angie?

MrRollieEyes
Posted By: black_raven Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/17/09 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
My first reaction was: (1) publicity and (2) kids. Looks like some others agree. How odd for me to be the brief one!MrRollieEyes

tl

I vote for #1 and #2 as well. The "shininess" has worn off IMO. Brad Pitt also went from 0 to 6 children in a couple years...I bet he never realized what he was really in for. And now apparently Angelinho doesn't like Obama like he does. :gobble:
I think sometimes ppl marry the wrong person. I know my first M was the wrong person. I was wrong for him and he was also for me. He has been M to the woman he had an A with while we were M. He was very abusive to me and when I found out he was cheating I left and D him and am so glad I did even today. When I discovered they were cheating it was the look he had in his eyes as he told me he was torn between loving her and having kids with me and being M to me and raising his kids. I gladly let him go. Of course after I left he tried to change his mind but I knew that we M too young and were not made for each other. Even though he and his W had an A during our M, I truly do love his W and she is so good to the child my XH and I share together. Of course my XH is now cheating on her and exhibiting the same behavior he did with me. I don't talk to him but I have a friendly relationship with her and he is an awful H once again. I was never mad at her because even though I didn't cheat on my XH, I wanted out of the M so badly and I was actually glad to get out. I actually feel sorry for her because I know how bad he can be.

How about when people marry the wrong person they divorce instead of waiting until they find the "right" person by cheating....I think I know why, BECAUSE that is the EXCUSE that waywards use when they CHEAT. I mean if you keep jumping from marriage to marriage and keep finding the new "RIGHT" person, why bother getting married....
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 12/17/09 04:52 AM
Exactly--if you are going to behave that way, do a George Clooney. That way when you get tired of someone, there is no marriage so you don't have to go through a divorce...
Posted By: Waffleguy Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 01:29 PM
Here's something I ran across today, and I immediately thought of this thread. Looks like they're done. Never lasts.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...na-hire-divorce-attornies-break-imminent

Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 02:50 PM
???

According to the article
The News of The World reports that the couple, who have never legally wed but have six children together as well as several businesses and homes, have secretly consulted with divorce lawyers and signed a $205 million split deal.
Why do they need divorce attorneys if they have never wed?
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 03:15 PM
I don't think a pair of crazies like those two, with that much stuff and all those kids, could have either the skill or the integrity to divide things equitably. Maybe not even with attorneys. Well, at least the integrity part; you'd think the attorneys would, at a minimum, bring some skill.MrRollieEyes

tl
Some good comments on there too, well what few I read were....I guess there are some people who were not idolizing them and thinking they were the golden couple....there are still people who think infidelity is cruel.
Posted By: gg615 Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 03:57 PM
I have a question. What famous person has had a lasting successful second marriarge with affair partner? None come to mind.

Gg
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 04:07 PM
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. If it wasn't "successful", it was certainly LONG!

tl
Posted By: OurHouse Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 04:12 PM
He should have stuck with Jennifer.
Yeah, he is getting what he deserves...too bad as usual there are innocent children involved.
Posted By: OurHouse Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 05:31 PM
Either Anniston has a great publicist, or she just lives life on a higher moral plain than Jolie. I just can't imagine her pulling 1/8th of the crap on Brad that he's gotten from Angelina.

And she looks WAY better than Angie, too.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 06:27 PM
so much for true "lurve" and "soulmates!" Time to move onto the next "soul mate!" laugh
I have a question. What famous person has had a lasting successful second marriarge with affair partner? None come to mind.

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson - married since 1988, but he was married with two young children when they met and started their affair. It always bothers me that he's regarded as such a straight-up guy.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 07:15 PM
I know of a BS (not WS) that was very successful after the first spouse left....

George Lucas!
Posted By: Waffleguy Re: OT: Brad and Angie--Part of the 3%? - 01/24/10 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
???
Why do they need divorce attorneys if they have never wed?
Apparently their assets are quite intertwined and they own several homes and businesses together. The divorce attorneys are to help unwind some of those agreements legally, since they have the most experience.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums