Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
Who the heck are Brad and Angie?

MrRollieEyes

Last edited by tst; 12/16/09 08:36 PM.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
B
B
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
My first reaction was: (1) publicity and (2) kids. Looks like some others agree. How odd for me to be the brief one!MrRollieEyes

tl

I vote for #1 and #2 as well. The "shininess" has worn off IMO. Brad Pitt also went from 0 to 6 children in a couple years...I bet he never realized what he was really in for. And now apparently Angelinho doesn't like Obama like he does. :gobble:

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
I think sometimes ppl marry the wrong person. I know my first M was the wrong person. I was wrong for him and he was also for me. He has been M to the woman he had an A with while we were M. He was very abusive to me and when I found out he was cheating I left and D him and am so glad I did even today. When I discovered they were cheating it was the look he had in his eyes as he told me he was torn between loving her and having kids with me and being M to me and raising his kids. I gladly let him go. Of course after I left he tried to change his mind but I knew that we M too young and were not made for each other. Even though he and his W had an A during our M, I truly do love his W and she is so good to the child my XH and I share together. Of course my XH is now cheating on her and exhibiting the same behavior he did with me. I don't talk to him but I have a friendly relationship with her and he is an awful H once again. I was never mad at her because even though I didn't cheat on my XH, I wanted out of the M so badly and I was actually glad to get out. I actually feel sorry for her because I know how bad he can be.

So, I think sometimes we marry the wrong ppl and everyone has a right to end a M if they don't want to be in it. I even told my current H when I found out that he cheated that if he found someone else and I wasn't the one I would let him go as bad as it would hurt me. I love my current H much more than I ever loved my XH and even though he had an A, I believe that we were made for each other.

I would rather my H leave me than to continue to cheat on me if I am not the woman he wants but that is just me.

How about when people marry the wrong person they divorce instead of waiting until they find the "right" person by cheating....I think I know why, BECAUSE that is the EXCUSE that waywards use when they CHEAT. I mean if you keep jumping from marriage to marriage and keep finding the new "RIGHT" person, why bother getting married....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
K
OP Offline
K
Exactly--if you are going to behave that way, do a George Clooney. That way when you get tired of someone, there is no marriage so you don't have to go through a divorce...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
W
W
Here's something I ran across today, and I immediately thought of this thread. Looks like they're done. Never lasts.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...na-hire-divorce-attornies-break-imminent

F
F
???

According to the article
The News of The World reports that the couple, who have never legally wed but have six children together as well as several businesses and homes, have secretly consulted with divorce lawyers and signed a $205 million split deal.
Why do they need divorce attorneys if they have never wed?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
I don't think a pair of crazies like those two, with that much stuff and all those kids, could have either the skill or the integrity to divide things equitably. Maybe not even with attorneys. Well, at least the integrity part; you'd think the attorneys would, at a minimum, bring some skill.MrRollieEyes

tl

S
S
Some good comments on there too, well what few I read were....I guess there are some people who were not idolizing them and thinking they were the golden couple....there are still people who think infidelity is cruel.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

G
G
I have a question. What famous person has had a lasting successful second marriarge with affair partner? None come to mind.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
T
T
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. If it wasn't "successful", it was certainly LONG!

tl

O
O
He should have stuck with Jennifer.

S
S
Yeah, he is getting what he deserves...too bad as usual there are innocent children involved.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

O
O
Either Anniston has a great publicist, or she just lives life on a higher moral plain than Jolie. I just can't imagine her pulling 1/8th of the crap on Brad that he's gotten from Angelina.

And she looks WAY better than Angie, too.

M
M
so much for true "lurve" and "soulmates!" Time to move onto the next "soul mate!" laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
I have a question. What famous person has had a lasting successful second marriarge with affair partner? None come to mind.

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson - married since 1988, but he was married with two young children when they met and started their affair. It always bothers me that he's regarded as such a straight-up guy.

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
K
OP Offline
K
I know of a BS (not WS) that was very successful after the first spouse left....

George Lucas!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
W
W
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
???
Why do they need divorce attorneys if they have never wed?
Apparently their assets are quite intertwined and they own several homes and businesses together. The divorce attorneys are to help unwind some of those agreements legally, since they have the most experience.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 380 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation