Marriage Builders
Posted By: Mulan Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:47 AM
Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/?hpt=Sbin
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:50 AM
Well she had every right to.

Is she the BW who was dying?

If so, what fun she could have...just saying... twoxfour
Posted By: believer Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:10 AM
I can really relate to her situation.

Her husband is just disgusting. He lied and lied, and now it is turning out that he had sex with the slut in the marital bed while his kids were home.

And now he is so adamant that he is going to do the right thing by his daughter. It makes me want to puke. He didn't do the right thing by his wife of 35 years, didn't do the right thing for his kids.

Better that his wife go on without him. She might not have too many more years to live, but at least she doesn't have to put up with his [censored].

Posted By: karmasrose Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:14 AM
Do right by his daughter? What about his wife? And other kids? And now he has this kid to worry about.
Posted By: ChaiLover Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:50 AM
Do the right thing by his daughter? Does that mean he is going to marry the skank-ho?
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 04:17 AM
Didn't he promise to marry the OW when his wife died anyway?
Ever hear Steven lynch? here is an excerpt from his song.
"If I could be a superhero"

If you could be a Superhero,
Would you be Justice Guy?
Making sure people get what they deserve,
Especially women who lie
Like if a wife left her husband with three kids and no job
To run off to f...ing Hawaii with some doctor named Bob
You could skin them and drain them of blood till they die
Especially Bob
Then you would be Justice Guy

Oh, I didn't mean to be subtle, I didn't mean to be vague
Give her Mad Cow disease, let him die of the plague
As long as they suffer for their terrible lie
Especially Bob
Then you would be Justice Guy.
Then you would be a Superhero, like me.

He gets pretty raw or I would put up a link cuz his facial expressions make it even funnier

And on topic John Edwards has to be one of the most worthless pieces of trash ever. He has reserved his special place in Hades
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:10 PM
I'll bet she decided to throw in the towel when it was leaked that there was a sex tape that would be referenced in the book his ex-aide wrote about him. Edwards is an idiot. I can't even stand to look at him.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:26 PM
trashy, trashy, trashy... crazy
Posted By: codtej Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:35 PM
He's a scumbag.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by codtej
He's a scumbag.
People are just now finding this out?

Maybe my "woman picker" is broken, but I had this guy pegged from Day One. Of course, I'm also one of the few who had problems with Bill Clinton starting with his comments about "astroturf in the back of the pickup truck."
Posted By: overthehump Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:21 PM
That he was screwing skankho while running for President on top of the fact that his wife is terminal and they have young children is just so very wrong my mind can't fully grasp it!
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:27 PM
Me, too, Fred. The guy made my skin crawl from day one. I run into a lot of guys like this. It amazes me that women do not see through them. Of course, who am I to talk. Bad picker here.
I wonder if the genders can see the slime in their own more clearly than the opposite gender.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Me, too, Fred. The guy made my skin crawl from day one. I run into a lot of guys like this. It amazes me that women do not see through them. Of course, who am I to talk. Bad picker here.
I wonder if the genders can see the slime in their own more clearly than the opposite gender.
Incidentally Zelmo, I want to thank you for putting me on track.

Yesterday I had a grand "OMG Moment" (something akin to a grande mal seizure, perhaps?) when I came across this article. I think the author may have been living in my back pocket for the past few years...

[/tj]
Posted By: imanotherone Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 03:58 PM
Total loser. Nuff said.
Posted By: beginagain Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 05:50 PM
Never trusted Clinton either, Edwards gave off a slimey vibe in my book.

The other book that came out recently said Elizabeth was a difficult person, thank goodness I didn't have the media around me after d-day...difficult wouldn't have been the word used to describe me and the rollar coaster ride.

Posted By: Zelmo Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Incidentally Zelmo, I want to thank you for putting me on track.

Yesterday I had a grand "OMG Moment" (something akin to a grande mal seizure, perhaps?) when I came across this article. I think the author may have been living in my back pocket for the past few years...

[/tj]

Yes, you've found Schreiber, eh, Fred. She is very good.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 07:04 PM
Apparently Jenny Sanford, wife of Governor "I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail" Sanford, is coming out with a book, too.

I hope they keep coming. Talk about exposure - maybe if people thought their Betrayed Spouses could no longer be pressured into shutting up and "taking the high road" and keeping the cheaters' dirty little secrets - maybe they'd think again about what they're doing.

Maybe.
Posted By: barbiecat Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 07:24 PM
We are forgetting the victim. Everything I have read about EE (pre and post A's) was that she was kind and giving.

I mean, she brought the girl an x mas gift (I think she knew)

In light of the "new" sex video -with a very preg other lady- and another claim of paternity, I think she just..gave..up. What a shame and a terrible way to end your life (years, I mean) and marraige.
Posted By: BHHFSGuy Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 07:52 PM
Saint Elizabeth and the Ego Monster
A candidate whose aides were prepared to block him from becoming president. A wife whose virtuous image was a mirage. A mistress with a video camera.
Posted By: CWMI Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 08:55 PM
I think she's probably done it as a way to secure assets to be passed down to the COM--she gets her part in the D, leaves it all to her kids. Smart move.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 08:55 PM
I could see Elizabeth buying the girl a present. After all, she is probably thinking it's not the little girl's fault.

I'd be having some fun at the expense of John if I were her. I mean, it's not like the police can do very much with a dying woman, right?
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 09:17 PM
Wonder if John-Boy knew his videographer/concubine was taping the whole episode? This would be even better if he didn't know. I'm sure he thought he could trust HER!
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
Saint Elizabeth and the Ego Monster
A candidate whose aides were prepared to block him from becoming president. A wife whose virtuous image was a mirage. A mistress with a video camera.

Oh, I think this article is terribly unfair to Elizabeth.

I think almost every BS should be given a pass on or around DD. Elizabeth is/was dying of cancer, living w/ an unrepentant WH...I think her behavior was understandable.

If anyone should be criticized, it should be the media, whose job it was to tell the truth. Not create false images for candidates/their spouses who they happen to politically agree w/.

Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mulan
Wonder if John-Boy knew his videographer/concubine was taping the whole episode? This would be even better if he didn't know. I'm sure he thought he could trust HER!

I'm betting he knew about the recording.

I read somewhere that he is the complete focus of the recording... that you can't even see who the woman is.

I can just see the Breckgirl positioning himself so that he was the star in this flick.

Posted By: bitbucket Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 10:02 PM
I detested Edwards from '98 when he ran for the Senate in NC. He tried to pass himself off as being a native of North Carolina...born in SC...oops. He then spent his term getting lined up to run for president instead of actually representing the people of North Carolina. At least show up for work during the first term, y'know?

I thought he was a dirt bag long before the infidelity came out.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/01/10 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by bitbucket
I detested Edwards from '98 when he ran for the Senate in NC. He tried to pass himself off as being a native of North Carolina...born in SC...oops. He then spent his term getting lined up to run for president instead of actually representing the people of North Carolina. At least show up for work during the first term, y'know?

I thought he was a dirt bag long before the infidelity came out.
This almost sounds like Barack Obama. Except for the "Breck Girl" reference...
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Yesterday I had a grand "OMG Moment" (something akin to a grande mal seizure, perhaps?) when I came across this article. I think the author may have been living in my back pocket for the past few years...[/tj]

I read that article too Fred, she couldn't have been in both our pockets at the same time? I shortcutted it to the desktop and am going to gird my loins before I read the link and borderline men.
Funny thing in my case, when I had left after the first two years of her acelerated drinking late wife accually showed some change in her behavior but it took two years before I trusted that she would seek counsel before I came back. Then whithin 5 years she was back to her old ways mentally and then in 5 more she was back to substance abuse. Dam,

Jeremiah 13:23
Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Its no wonder I felt like daddy most of the time.

The BS that some politicians pull with affairs and philandering only reveals their character flaws and they wonder why they don't get support. Clinton didn't get my vote and It was appauling that the Jessica Flowers and Brent Starr event did not get him removed from the running. But even more so his crap about lieing to the supreme court didn't get him impeached. But as bad as that was I think Ol Billy would have been at his wifes side if she had a terminal disease. IDK. I would like to believe Hilary means enough to him that he would not be able to chase skirts and would realize what she and her family had done for him.

"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often because we ussually find them full of S8^t" don't remember who said it.

I sure hope Edwards doesn't get his own reality show or rich from writing books from this.

His wife sounds like she was taking care of this Boy
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/03/10 12:22 AM
Andrew Young, the former John Edwards aide and confidante who helped Edwards conceal (for a time) his affair with Rielle Hunter--who claimed the baby was his and took Rielle into his house--has written a book about Edwards and the whole saga, called "The Politician."

Tonight, Young will appear on the Sean Hannity show.

I heard a portion of his appearance on Hannity's radio program driving home from work today. Edwards is even worse than we've portrayed him here (Elizabeth isn't a saint, either).

She lusted for the 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue address. He just lusted.

There is no question in my mind that Edwards is a psychopath. Hannity's program should be quite revealing
...And hes gonna still make money and ... LOL well its lonely at the top fred
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 05:41 PM
The National Enquirer is reporting that John and Rielle are engaged.

Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 05:52 PM
Yikes - the National Enquirer used to be a fake rag, but they've been right about the John Edwards story and a few others. I think they broke the Tiger Woods story about his mistresses.

If this one's true, then I can't think of two people who deserve each other more.

Also, there's an unconfirmed rumor floating around that David Letterman's wife has finally thrown him out and is filing for divorce. I hope so. Stupid clown. He'll still have the harem at work so he'll be just fine. And maybe she can find a man who actually cares about her and her child and will be a husband and father to them, since Dave's just too darn busy.

Posted By: black_raven Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mulan
If this one's true, then I can't think of two people who deserve each other more.

ITA. They deserve to rot together. I can only imagine who would show their face to witness the nuptuals....maybe they will just elope and claim they wanted an intimate event. laugh
Posted By: imanotherone Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 06:19 PM
I think I know why this is happening--the feds are not done investigating Edwards, and if he marries Rielle-a-skank, they can't testify against each other because of spousal privilege. Wishing the get nothing but what they both deserve.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 07:17 PM
Ohhhhhh,imanotherone, THAT makes sense.

Posted By: black_raven Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 07:18 PM
Maybe Elizabeth will drag out the D until the hearing is over. grin
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by imanotherone
I think I know why this is happening--the feds are not done investigating Edwards, and if he marries Rielle-a-skank, they can't testify against each other because of spousal privilege.

Ooh, good one! I'll have to remember that.

Wishing the get nothing but what they both deserve.

Exactly. I hope everyone respects their marriage just as much as they both respected the Edwards marriage.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by black_raven
Maybe Elizabeth will drag out the D until the hearing is over. grin

Ha! We can only hope!
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/10/10 07:21 PM
I actually know of a WS who took his long-term mistress of 30+ years to the hospital, where she waited in the lobby as he visited his wife on her deathbed. All hayul broke loose when their DD caught them together as she entered the lobby to see them together as they were about to leave.

The wife died a few weeks later, and after a year, he married the skank. BTW, he and the skank have an OC together. The OC is somewhere around the ages of his and his wife's two DDs, and has the same first name as the older DD of the marriage. puke

Ten years later...he and the skank are apparently getting divorced. The karma bus has come around.

Posted By: johnstwin Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 01:21 AM
Apparently, Elizabeth isn't ready to end this fight.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100208/US.Edwards.Sex.Tape/

I say-go for it girl!
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 01:24 AM
I don't think spousal privelige applies to stuff that was communicated before the marriage.
Also, in some states, the defendant owns the privelige. so, it might behoove john the weasal, to stay married to keep elizabeth from testifying against him. Not sure on this evidentiary stuff, though.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 01:42 PM
>Wishing they get nothing but what they both deserve

Like a terminal case of crotch crickets?
Posted By: saynomore Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 02:10 PM
rotflmao

Crotch crickets!!!
God's Blessings,

Say
Posted By: ChaiLover Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:05 PM
So is it true that they're engaged?

That's the Karma bus right there!

Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:08 PM
Wonder what that'd be like for the Rielleskank? Knowing that the only reason she's with him is because she is sloppy seconds...

meh...

She's just like VD...she prolly doesn't care as long as she gets the man...
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Wonder what that'd be like for the Rielleskank? Knowing that the only reason she's with him is because she is sloppy seconds...

meh...

She's just like VD...she prolly doesn't care as long as she gets the man...

I suspect she's getting a much different man than the one she had sex with - no longer the power broker who wanted to rule the free world...just a once-married man with no boundaries. Poor poor skank. grin
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:10 PM
Oh H3ll, he's got millions. She's got a living, breathing withdrawal slip.

They'll likely put in a few appearances together as the 'happy couple' and then in private go their separate ways.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:12 PM
>She's got a living, breathing withdrawal slip.

That's what VD thought!

(hehe)
Posted By: ChaiLover Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/11/10 05:16 PM
With all of these OW, it's about winning whether they really want the guy or not. Especially if he has $

Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 04:30 PM
Newsweek Columnist Prefers Rielle H...to Elizabeth�s �Vengeful Hysteria�

Disgusting
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 05:14 PM
What a sick man Darman is. He admires the mistress for being "dignified and silent" and maligns the BW for being "vengeful" and "hysterical".

This is the old model of affairs, where the wife is a horrible b*tch who deserves to be cheated on and the poor poor sweet little mistress is just misunderstood.

Does he not understand that the homewrecker was PAID to be "dignified and silent?"

Does he not understand how real people react when their marriages are invaded by outsiders? Would he be okay with somebody invading his family and messing with his children?

What a complete [censored]. Again: THIS is why none of here should ever be silent about what really happens when people cheat in their marriages.
Posted By: redhat Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 05:34 PM
Probably he got some actions from her ... mr eek
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:07 PM
What a sick man Darman is.

Just looked him up. And found another article he wrote about Hunter.

Apparently, four months after meeting her, she called him up and invited him to lunch in NYC where, "She told me that she'd felt a connection to me when we'd first met, that she could tell I was a very old soul. This meant a lot to Rielle."

Sounds like the same line she threw the Breckgirl. (Darmon is goodlooking.)

After she got fired and the National Enquirer started to expose the affair, she calls Darmon again. Asking for advice, but actually trying to get him to promise not to use the info she gave him at that lunch in NYC. He refuses to do so.

So get this...

B/c she stops phoning him, Darman believes that she must have been "saddened" to realize he'd always been a reporter when she thought he was her friend...

boo hoo

It couldn't be b/c she was trying to stop the bigger exposure that was on its way..oh no, this guy thinks he hurt her.

Maybe she doesn't feel connected to him anymore...maybe she thinks he isn't a very old soul anymore... crybaby

His piece today must be a way he can let her know that he is her "friend" and not just a reporter.

older piece by this loser

Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by redhat
Probably he got some actions from her ... mr eek

Or he wanted some..

By then, I had decided that Rielle was a less than reliable source. I continued to see her, but more out of curiosity than a belief that I was going to learn much about Edwards from her. I liked Rielle. I let her do my astrological chart. I began to feel a little like the nun in that old joke who complains about receiving a three-hour obscene phone call �Why didn't I just hang up?

But I didn't. I stayed in touch with Rielle for months.

Rielle did not respond to e-mails I sent her last week seeking comment.) In early January, I was surprised to receive an e-mail from her saying she was thinking about me and hoping I was OK. I haven't heard from her since. But I believe she really did hope I was OK. When my father died later that month, she sent me flowers.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:24 PM
I thought the last paragraph took her properly to task, though.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

I think you're responding to the paragraph from the first link I posted. THAT wasn't Darmon's article. It was an opinion piece ABOUT his piece.

I should have posted his piece. Here it is... The Quiet Dignity of Rielle Hunter

Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

I think you're responding to the paragraph from the first link I posted. THAT wasn't Darmin's article. It was an opinion piece ABOUT his piece.

I should have posted his piece. Here it is... The Quiet Dignity of Rielle Hunter

You're right, I was talking about the first link.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/24/10 06:51 PM
I hesitated to post his piece b/c it was just so obnoxious, I didn't want it to hurt anyone here. So I posted the opinion piece instead.

Sorry for the confusion.
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 02/25/10 07:54 PM
Rielle's sister, Roxanne Druck to Entertainment Tonight: "I feel a lot of sympathy for Mrs. Edwards ... I'm very ashamed my sister had an affair with such a public man."
doh2

WTF? How about "I'm ashamed my sister had an affair with a married man". Elizabeth would be just as hurt and her marriage would be just as over if she and John had been no-bodies!
Posted By: Mulan Re: Elizabeth finally gives up on John - 03/03/10 07:11 PM
The Enquirer reports
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/grand_jury_indictment_john_edwards_hunter_coverup/celebrity/68250
that your mom's former favorite candidate John Edwards will be indicted very
soon. Edwards used campaign funds to pay a lady to not talk about how he put a
baby in her.

Using campaign funds to pay a lady to not talk about the baby you put in her is
decidedly not allowed, at least until the Supreme Court overturns those
restrictions.

From their report:

"In another shocker, close sources say Edwards' estranged wife Elizabeth could
help send the former presidential candidate to jail!"

We assume this means that she will testify against him.

And:

"John is terrified that he's going to be indicted," a friend told The ENQUIRER.
© Marriage Builders® Forums