Marriage Builders
Posted By: Everthesame What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 03:17 PM
I always find it fun to see what usernames show up when I check "Who's Online" and I always wonder how people came up with such great names.

My username is the name of a song by Guns N Roses. Yeah, I guess I'm a late 80's girl, LOL.

What does yours mean to you?
Posted By: Viscountess Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 04:18 PM
I changed mine recently.

My roommate who passed two years ago had an old cat named, Viscount Ashley of Leftfield. When she passed I took her cats, so I now have Lord Ashley, and I'm Viscountess now. Ash is 17, blind, and crochety as hell!

Ash had a children's literary website and his own facebook with decent traffic before my friend died.
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Viscountess
I changed mine recently.

My roommate who passed two years ago had an old cat named, Viscount Ashley of Leftfield. When she passed I took her cats, so I now have Lord Ashley, and I'm Viscountess now. Ash is 17, blind, and crochety as hell!

Ash had a children's literary website and his own facebook with decent traffic before my friend died.

I love the names of your pets laugh , and that was how I recognized your new name.

I have only one cat named Hiro. He was named for the time traveler from "Heros". Loved that show

Posted By: Logans_Run Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 04:42 PM
My name is from a 1976 movie by the same name. The basic plot of the movie was that a person's age was legislated, at a certain age they are willingly executed. Those who do not report, are called runners. The runners are hunted down and executed in their attempts to reach sanctuary. Logan escapes and does indeed reach sanctuary. In essence, I am Logan, a runner, my sanctuary is plan B.
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
My name is from a 1976 movie by the same name. The basic plot of the movie was that a person's age was legislated, at a certain age they are willingly executed. Those who do not report, are called runners. The runners are hunted down and executed in their attempts to reach sanctuary. Logan escapes and does indeed reach sanctuary. In essence, I am Logan, a runner, my sanctuary is plan B.

Sounds like my kind of movie. A lot like the "Hunger Games" which I loved!

Posted By: MrNiceGuy Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 10:07 PM
Mine is self explanitory. I have always been a nice guy. Sometimes too nice lol and I end up being a doormat because of it. I am more balanced now tho and not so much of a nice door mat anymore. Even tho I am still a nice guy I have much more self respect than I used to and don't care as much about what others think of me. Only my wife and kids! smile
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/16/13 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Mine is self explanitory. I have always been a nice guy. Sometimes too nice lol and I end up being a doormat because of it. I am more balanced now tho and not so much of a nice door mat anymore. Even tho I am still a nice guy I have much more self respect than I used to and don't care as much about what others think of me. Only my wife and kids! smile

*like!
I'm a competitive Highland thrower. in other words, I throw heavy stuff while wearing a kilt
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 02:41 AM
Here's a thread that others talked about this.
What Does your Handle/Screen Name Mean
Posted By: Prisca Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 03:11 AM
I needed a Greek name to match markos. smile
I needed a Greek name to match markos.

Helen? Aphrodite? Andromeda? Hera? Athena? Clytemnestra? Daphne? Demeter(aka Earth Mother!)?
Posted By: indiegirl Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 12:24 PM
Mine is related to the name of my first thread, 'Independent behaviour nightmare'. I was logging on to complain about my spouse's IB, but I wanted to express that I wasn�t blameless and could be pretty independent too. It's short for 'independent girl' but since I like indie music and cinema, it means that too.

It was a very rushed decision, but I love it now. If someone called 'Indie' in the street, I would look around!
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Here's a thread that others talked about this.
What Does your Handle/Screen Name Mean

Oh cool! Lots of good info there about our vets.

Now lets see if we can get our newer folks to chime in. I saw a name on there the other day that I thought..I like that! and which started the idea for this thread It was WiserBud, LOL

Posted By: Prisca Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 03:47 PM
If someone called 'Indie' in the street, I would look around!
I would respond to Prisca the same way smile
Posted By: tismeagain Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/17/13 05:22 PM
I was here on MB before several years ago...but couldn't remember my previous handle.... smile
Posted By: Logans_Run Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 02:44 AM
I have been thinking of changing my user name to CandyCrushAddict........but then everyone would know I have a problem.
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 11:24 AM
I have been thinking of changing my user name to CandyCrushAddict........but then everyone would know I have a problem.

Omg, me too! I hate that game, lol!
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Helen? Aphrodite? Andromeda? Hera? Athena? Clytemnestra? Daphne? Demeter(aka Earth Mother!)?

*ahem*

Lysistrata.

Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace...

blush

My name... I believe is self-explanatory.

Rocket: That song is from an excellent album... though the song itself has some tawdry trivia attached to it.

L_R: "Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!"

Trip, ignoring (and self-protectively distancing myself from) your "Greek" suggestion, I am here long enough to recall that you were originally "HeadHeldHigh"!
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 03:06 PM
Trip, ignoring (and self-protectively distancing myself from) your "Greek" suggestion, I am here long enough to recall that you were originally "HeadHeldHigh"!

Yes sir.

That was a step in personal recovery, picking my damned head up.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 04:43 PM
I bet you all can't figure out my name (it's really difficult).
Posted By: Logans_Run Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 05:20 PM
I bet you all can't figure out my name (it's really difficult).

Ummmmmm. Hmmmmmm. think think
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand

*ahem*

Lysistrata.

Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace...

blush

Rocket: That song is from an excellent album... though the song itself has some tawdry trivia attached to it.

Tawdry, huh? Well, I certainly wouldn't want people to think I'm ..loose. Maybe I should just change it to RQ, or...Lysistrata.. but yes, a great album! I feel old when I realize how long ago that album came out cool

Brainy- I know you say your brain hurts, but I always consider you the Brainy Girl cuz your so smart.

Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

*ahem*

Lysistrata.

blush

Tawdry, huh? Well, I certainly wouldn't want people to think I'm ..loose. Maybe I should just change it to RQ, or...Lysistrata.. but yes, a great album! I feel old when I realize how long ago that album came out cool

Brainy- I know you say your brain hurts, but I always consider you the Brainy Girl cuz your so smart.

Would it make you feel younger if I said I was in the 5th grade when it came out?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/18/13 11:22 PM

Haha thanks. Maybe I should change it to BrainyGirl???
Posted By: Logans_Run Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 12:18 AM

Or perhaps TheLinkMaster?
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 12:29 AM

*ahem*

Lysistrata.

blush

Would it make you feel younger if I said I was in the 5th grade when it came out?

Gulp, nope! I was 14. At the very start of my rebellious years.
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 12:30 AM

Ooh, I like that! I can't imagine Brainy girl being anyone else, though, smile
Posted By: Surfer88 Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 01:57 AM
I have a major story about my user name, and it's fascinating.

I have NO IDEA why I chose it. There is zero meaning. LOL! (True story...the "88" doesn't even mean anything...notta. I feel shallow. :))
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 02:21 AM

Ooh, I like that! I can't imagine Brainy girl being anyone else, though, smile
Haha thanks RQ.

BrainytheLinkMasterGirl is too long, huh?
Posted By: Everthesame Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by Surfer88
I have a major story about my user name, and it's fascinating.

I have NO IDEA why I chose it. There is zero meaning. LOL! (True story...the "88" doesn't even mean anything...notta. I feel shallow. :))

Not a surfer? Or even Californian? Huh.

Posted By: reading Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 03:55 AM
I read Marriage Builder materials/posts.
Posted By: Surfer88 Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/19/13 01:46 PM
Nope! Land-locked in the Midwest. think
Posted By: NewEveryDay Re: What does your username mean to you? - 07/27/13 01:05 PM
I started with EarsOpen because I when I signed up I hoped that I would hear the answer to save my marriage. I changed it to NewEveryDay because I really liked that expression, how we can aren't stuck with our old patterns and stuff.
© Marriage Builders® Forums