Marriage Builders
Posted By: KayC What goes around seems to come around - 04/01/11 04:32 PM
I got a phone call this morning...I didn't recognize the number, it's my XH's OW. Seems her life has been hell w/him (imagine that!) and she's gained 80 lbs and has a terminal liver disease and he's gone missing on her and his job (sounds familiar from 2 1/2 years ago). She wanted what I had...well she has it now.

I don't feel any satisfaction knowing any of this...but neither do I feel a great deal of empathy for her, they've created their situation...I just don't feel a whole lot one way or another. I told her he is hers to deal with now...I told her that when I first discovered he was with her...she was the second one (that I knew of) that he cheated on me with...I forgave the first time, the second time I was done. So now she has my life and I don't want that life back.

Interestingly enough she said she's always been jealous of me because he loves me and talks about me all of the time. Ha! I told her he doesn't know what love is so quit worrying about it.

Sometimes, isn't it nice to just go home (alone) and enjoy the peace and quiet and freedom from drama and have your life the way you want it? There's no part of any of this that I miss. uhuh
Posted By: SidneyT Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/01/11 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
Sometimes, isn't it nice to just go home (alone) and enjoy the peace and quiet and freedom from drama and have your life the way you want it? There's no part of any of this that I miss. uhuh

YES!!! I know exactly what you mean!

I too agree that what goes around comes around. And I'm glad that OW calling you didn't set you back in your recovery or healing.

I relate to this because my ex-WH basically flipped out and became suicidal nearly one year to the day after he walked out. He checked himself into the psych ward, hates his job and is lonely. I didn't get much satisfaction out of his down-fall either, just kind of seems like an inevitable outcome though.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/03/11 02:59 AM
And here I was on another thread saying I hadn't heard any recent news of the Karma Bus, and along comes kaycstamper with a first-hand report...
Posted By: KayC Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/04/11 07:29 PM
Naw, I don't think it set me back...it's not much fun "going there" (I'd rather not think about that time in my life OR either of them) but I realize it's not me that fell short, it's him having serious problems and both of them with their character deficiencies. He says I was the best thing that ever happened to him and gave him everything...yep, but it's her he's with. That's okay, I sure don't want him back!
Posted By: MyJourney Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/07/11 03:55 AM
he's gone missing on her and his job

Who wants to bet he's blaming "women" in general now.
Sometimes, isn't it nice to just go home (alone) and enjoy the peace and quiet and freedom from drama and have your life the way you want it? There's no part of any of this that I miss.
Good for you, kay! Yep, karma bus, pure and simple.
Posted By: itsaname Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/13/11 04:43 PM
He says I was the best thing that ever happened to him and gave him everything...yep, but it's her he's with. That's okay, I sure don't want him back!

I can SOOO relate to this. I've heard the same, but yet there are so many other "boys" she'd rather be with. It's sad really...

Glad you're at a point where you can not be bothered by this. Kind of interesting though that OW called you. I mean was she asking for forgiveness? Looking for help? Just strange...
Posted By: KayC Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/13/11 08:59 PM
I guess if they weren't strange they wouldn't be WW and OW! crazy smile
Posted By: itsaname Re: What goes around seems to come around - 04/14/11 12:34 AM
I guess if they weren't strange they wouldn't be WW and OW! crazy smile

Touche.... laugh
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums