Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
richs61 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
me 48 wife40 12 years together child in college. today my wife told me she wishes she could just disappear or go away. she said she likes to be by herself . she questioned whether she was ever meant to be with anyone? this has been stated before but never with this degree of conviction. she has recently moved out for about two weeks and came back saying how much she missed me. over these years we've really spent A LOT of time together. I like that but she feels smothered. It is just the two of us, kid adult away at school. We work together in our Home. We lunch and dinner together and workout sometimes together. But she does have friends and family and goes out when she wants. TODAY she started a job outside the home. She has many times cited boredom in the marriage. We travel and go out often...usually movies and dinner, N.Y.C., comedy clubs and concerts. This is Much more than most of our friends. But she is still bored. She said we are like best friends, brother and sister. I told her thats a good thing (best friends) but she feels the marriage should be more passionate. I would like that also but she is the limiting factor as she claims to have a low libido although to look at her she's the definition of Sexy. This is not just My opinion but that of everyone. I'm not bad looking and in pretty good shape, well groomed etc.. BUT TODAY>>> for the first time, she Actually said that SHE BELIEVES that because she doesn't feel like she wants to rip my clothes off shes not a normal or good wife. This , she says, is why she has been so hot and cold regarding our relationship.She say that i meet most of her emotional needs but she knows that she doesn't meet mine. For this she is sorry and thinks the marriage is not a real marriage!!!! She really seems to feel this way. I told her how much i love her and believe there is a future for us. I don't need to have frequent sex , nor should she feel badly for not wanting it. I THINK she has maybe unreasonable expectations of what she should feel?? I told her i can give her time and space whenever she needs, just say so. I too like space and my own time. I'm hoping this job (her first in many years outside of our home business) will give her some seperation and newfound independance which will help the marriage. She REALLY FEELS there is something very wrong with her, and this is severely affecting us. Again..this is the first time she has told me how she feels on this level. I am writing a lot here but maybe someone at this site will understand what i am jibbering and offer some insight. thankyou, frustrated but hopeful, rich

G
G
twoxfour
Rich - your WW is having an EA with someone in another country. She is going to feed you bullcrap until she can get away from you and be with the OM - wake up. You can't believe anything she is telling you right now and you are the biggest fool if you do.

Wayward Speak thread

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
G
G
From Rich's other thread...
hi. rich here 48. wife 40 m 10 years , together 11. have on stepson 19. wife told me love but not in love. she's strayed i'm sure on occasion last 2 years. she saw a psych who said she's confused and immature. oct 1 she moved out for supposedly 2-3 months to think. She admitted to having a male in south america (where she is from orig. 20 years ago) with whom she had affair with on a trip there. She moved back in 12 days after she left and said she loves me and wants to work on things. we never fight nor have financial woes. we have a nice little life but she's always bored and thinks there's more to life . for 2 weeks after she came back after moving out with only a suitcase, she was doing all the right things. but i noticed she's still in contact with this guy. he has no visa and can never come here. i try, try!! to ignore this chalking it up to fantasy but have seen and heard explicit stuff. last week we found out she is pregnant. I am almost 100% sure it's mine. the timing makes sense (about 3 weeks prgnant) . neither of us wants another kid. she wants to terminate but i said we could keep the child if we could work things out. She is very upset and does not want to have it. It seems that since sunday when we found out she's gone very dark on me. She does not want to talk about us or anything. My adviser told me NOT to try to force communication. But i'm dying here for something....I don't know what to do???? sorry to ramble but i am physically sick with nausea. thanks, richs61

It took her 10 years to figure out she doesn't want to rip your clothes off - come on Rich - wake up.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
R
richs61 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
maybe i'm naive, or in denial, or just a dumbo...it's just hard because i'm trying to make sense of something that is maybe senseless?? i'm a confused puppy.

G
G
You're definately in denial because you love her so much you don't want to believe she is capable of doing this to you. Waywards are selfish liars. You need a plan - without it she is going to walk all over you like a tortilla. Follow the advice from the other thread - the Carrott & Stick and expose to people who can make a difference. You also have the other choice of believing her, she moves out, flys down to South America, bangs OM and you can kiss your M goodbye.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
R
richs61 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
i Think i'm doing the carrot right now... but when to do the stick? simultaneously?? the relevent people know...ie her sister and close friends, but they seem to be neutral .

G
G
Yes, simultaneously. Have you considered doing a phone consult with Dr. Harley? He is an expert in dealing with situations such as yours. Below is the link to the information. I think you could benefit as I believe it is going to be challenging for you to handle this on your own.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7000_counsel.html

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
R
richs61 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
thank you....i'll check into Dr. Harley.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 204 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation