Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Eph525 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
We start our new life journey winter classes at church tonight. One of the classes is Divorce Recovery 101 - "This class is for adults who are going through divorce or separation and are looking for comfort,
healing and accountability with others who have been through the painful process of divorce." It's based on the principles of DivorceCare. Even though I am not talking D, I just wonder if this would be a good support group to get into. I need to read up on it a little more today.

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
S
S
Yes, I have gone through it and am taking it again. I really liked the videos they presented each week. Every video really "hit home" for me and I could relate. I think what really helped me with it is I realized I was not going crazy and that all these emotions I am going through are normal and even necessary.

I would even recommend it for people that do not have a religious faith. They really offer good practical advice on coping and healing.

F
F
Great program. I've done it twice. The first time, I focused more on the video and the fact that what I was going through was normal. This last time, I noticed how far I've come and enjoyed the small group time. It helped me met a group of dear friends that have continued to meet every week even after the class was over. The program at my church provides a meal and has a companion children's class. I think I'll sit out this next time but may go back and help later. It's a good program for people who are just separated as well. I know that one of the men facilitators in our group went through the program but has now reconciled with his wife. The program focuses on healing, and dealing with emotional and practical issues that result from separation or divorce.

E
Eph525 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks. I went to the first meeting last night and it was good. There was only one other guy there and about 11 women.

Like BHINWI said, there were a lot of things that hit home for me just in the first video. It was quite emotional.

Thanks for the insight.

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
F
F
Great program. I am very new and raw to the divorce and lurk here often. The Divorce Care program is very insightful and my only regret is that my DD (3) could not attend Divorce Care for Kids, that program too had great reviews from the parents attending with me. I was blessed attending.

M
M
I went to DC program well after I'd read a great deal of Harley's work...DC was a very weak substitute, I felt. Clearly, many there were in shell shock...looking at many crises, including big financial ones just over the horizon.

I made a few friends that I stay in a bit of contact with. On the topic, I really like the book REBUILDING by FISHER. Some very important ideas, such as the different dynamics of divorce, as are you the dumper or are you the dumpee....aren't even touched by DC. [color:"black"] [/color]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation