Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
C
C
I think both of these lists are very accurate.

The Type 1 Run of the Mill WW fits Wayzilla to a tee up until the divorce. Now I think she may be starting to pick up a couple of the Type 2 traits.

Gollum on the other hand displayed several of the traits for the Type 2 as far as we are willing to assign them to males. The Type 2 list strikes me as fairly uni-sex but what do I know.

And of course because Gollum was married, Wayzilla was both a WW and OW.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/09/09 04:01 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by black_raven
The OW was someone's WW though...

As a BW I can only guess what might be going on in a WW's mind not just the OW in my case. It was merely an example.

Aside: I think you are really a fun character ! dance2

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by chrisner
The Type 1 Run of the Mill WW fits Wayzilla to a tee up until the divorce.

Accepting your up-close-and-personal assessment of this ... why was her infidelity NOT impacted using MB concepts & plans?

S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by staytogether
So, I guess you have this subconscious thing going on in your head that your worthless, you've messed up, there's no going back now, you've failed.

This is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I might be (?) weird, but I have never thought of myself as "worthless".

Where do you suppose that thought came from?

Personally, I think this line of thinking is only an option when a woman has an external locus of control.
*link*
:MrEEk:
No, no, no, not you. The ww1 that has morphed into type 2!!. Sorry for the confusion. I do try not to be counterproductive and offensive with my posts.

I agree - a very external locus of control

(now then I'm sure I have already posted this but it doesn't seem to have appeared.)

P
OP Offline
P
My Rev,

Permit me a small indulgence here.

I think that this:
NC 7/26/07

explains this:

it just puts you in a place of being in constant conflict with yourself

and this:

that decision cost me some measure of SELF-respect that I will never be able to reclaim

I had similar self doubts when I was 2 years into recovery.

I thought I would NEVER 100% respect my decision to remain married.

I was wrong.

I'll bet you a cup 'o' joe, you're wrong too.

Come see me about this in .... say .... 2013.
hug for a grumpy dude

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by staytogether
:MrEEk:
No, no, no, not you. The ww1 that has morphed into type 2!!. Sorry for the confusion.
rotflmao I'm NOT confused !!!!!!!!!

I never thought you were referring to me ! rotflmao

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
I also think that i would have to agree with Aph regarding "recovery". I am not sure that anyone is ever able to truly "recover" their M or personally after adultery.

If that were the case then there would be no such thing as NC FOR LIFE OR ELSE IT COULD START AGAIN.

That is drilled into everyone's head from day one on MB. So if that is the case then how can you truly ever "recover" from such a thing.

You can use the A to have a better M than you had before the A and learn things about yourself that contributed to things or need changed anyway, but i do not think you ever TRULY recover.

See my post to My Rev . You're on the same timeline. (2007)
hug

In some ways, the 2-year mark is harder than one expects it to be. The BS doesn't feel the way they hope to feel and still are haunted by lingering self doubts.

About your "NC for life" comment. Very much like AA. They refer to themselves as "recovering" not "recovered".

Perhaps that is your point?

M
M
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
And I decided to begin my process with the more difficult gender ... the estrogen makers.

Hey, I resemble that comment. wink

But I am NOT DIFFICULT!!!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Let the forum understand the FACTS here. I have met MF ( I just love writing her initials ) IN PERSON, and MF is most certainly an estrogen maker - a very pretty & voluptuous ,and yes, a delightfully difficult, estrogen maker. If you don't believe me, ask MF's delightful handsome HUSBAND , who will back me up rotflmao

I say this blush to most of this, and THIS grumble to this part: "and yes, a delightfully difficult, estrogen maker.".

I will say it again: I AM NOT DIFFICULT!!!

<I loves ya, Pep...even if you think I am "difficult"....HUMPH!>

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
In some ways, the 2-year mark is harder than one expects it to be. The BS doesn't feel the way they hope to feel and still are haunted by lingering self doubts.

This is EXACTLY where I am, and I am relieved to hear that it is at least sort of normal.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
<I loves ya, Pep...even if you think I am "difficult"....HUMPH!>

It's too bad they disabled the "post a poll" feature. We could settle this with a vote !
rotflmao

FWIW - I trump your level of difficulty due to my >ahem< senority

C
C
Well Pep, here you are writing a White Paper and I'm reading Action Comics.

why was her infidelity NOT impacted using MB concepts & plans?

To quote Lord Wellington after Waterloo, "It was a near run thing."

Of course he won.

Napoleon probably said, "That really sucked!"

It was probably due to the idiot running the plan but……MB Plans worked very well and did impact the adultery.

Plan A really pissed her off. It was actions not words and it did not feed into her plan and justifications at all. I still believe I did a very good Plan A. It made it’s intended mark.

One night after D-Day she came home started pounding down vodka Collins and was stumbling drunk in about an hour.

She started crying and moaning, “Why are you doing this? How can you be so nice to me? I just want to die! It’s not supposed to be like this.”

I got to hold her hair out of her face and the toilet while she puked, tucked her into bed and took care of her the next day. Ah, the Golden Moments of Plan A.

Exposure was a total blast and did temporarily end the adultery. She cried, apologized, cried some more, burned her souvenirs from the adultery in the fireplace and promised to attempt recovery with me.

But……. she drug her feet looking for a new job to leave the company they worked at and in the end I could not force that. They worked in different facilities about 60 miles apart so it was a ticking bomb. We had NC and painful withdrawal for 21 days before there was a meeting they both were at in her facility. When she got home, 21 days of withdrawal was wiped clean and she was deep in the fog. She was gone a week later.

It was all undone by a single contact after NC began.

Plan B? Well Plan B has worked very well for me and to some extent still is a thorn in the adultery although I understand at least as of last week they are still together.

I am also in the camp that believes once a WW begins a sexual adultery the BH is really, really in trouble. Far more so than a BW.

To do this a WW has closed every door on the marriage to be able to justify and live with her decision to have sex with another man. At least those from the Type 1 list.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/09/09 04:54 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
OP Offline
P
faint

S
S
I am also in the camp that believes once a WW begins a sexual adultery the BH is really, really in trouble. Far more so than a BW.

To do this a WW has closed every door on the marriage to be able to justify and live with her decision to have sex with another man. At least those from the Type 1 list.

Well, those last 2 sentences made my heart stop. Totally agree. And I think that is why I stopped the A before I made that bad decision. I hadn't processed that 'til now.

Thanks Chrisner

F
F
Chrisner, awesome post except I disagree with this. I was most definitely in the first list. The ONLY way I could have sex (ick) with the OM was to compartmentalize my R with him. I never closed the door on the M, I wanted my H to want me. The moment he agreed to (finally) go to MC with me, I ended the A. At THAT point, OM was so pissed at me, he did everything possible to show me he no longer wanted me. THANK YOU GOD!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
T
T
The Type 1 Run of the Mill WW fits Wayzilla to a tee up until the divorce.

Accepting your up-close-and-personal assessment of this ... why was her infidelity NOT impacted using MB concepts & plans?

I can attempt to answer this on his behalf. I still maintain my W(stbx)H fit Type 1, though I concede that it is possible that I simply didn't find everything out, and his OW is a bonafide type 2, and my marriage failed also. So we're very similar except opposite sex WS's. I pulled out of the "MB guide to ending the A and recovering the M" rather early on due to a number of reasons. But I stayed here to try to gain insight as to what actually happened. In many respects, I learned MB after I stopped practicing it for its purpose. But I could definitely see how, if had done certain things in Plan A, and conducted my Plan B exactly according to MB, it WOULD have impacted my WS. I did do my own modified version of Plan B - no contact but no PBL - and he actually did respond exactly as the MB program is designed for WS's to respond. I do believe MB WOULD HAVE worked, had I executed it as prescribed.

Executing perfect exposure, Plan A and Plan B is not easy under a normal frame of mind. A newly betrayed BS is NOT thinking at their best and it's not surprising they make many mistakes. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to see where you woulda/coulda/shoulda done something differently but its too late by then. After reading thread after thread after thread of different situation, I believe more than ever that the MB program is very, very specific. Dr. Harley says himself that small deviations from the plan usually mean failure. It's a very fine line to follow and even slight missteps affect the ultimate outcome.

T
T
I replied before I saw this. This is what I mean by fine line. Very easy to misstep and when you consider recovery ultimately requires both spouses, the misstep can come from the WS - derailing every inch that had been attained to that point. Makes it all the much harder.

A
A
Chrisner:

Wow. This is a scary thought. I think it's also very true.

Two things saved my marriage.

One -- we went out of town for a weekend because I recognized something was wrong. I didn't know what it was, but it felt like we had grown apart and I wanted us to reconnect. That raised the level of her self-doubt about the A that she was carrying on without my knowledge. In other words, guilt kicked in, guilt on steroids.

Two -- Pond Scum was a total tool. When FWW found out that he'd been badmouthing her to the wife that he had proclaimed to the world for two years to the world that he'd divorced, that put the final kibosh on things. This happened after she'd broken NC eight separate times. The only reason there was no field goal attempt on her wayward a$$ was the fact that all contact was via text, not in person. Had they met in corpus, the M would have been a corpse.

In other words, I got lucky. Luckier than I deserved.

Last edited by AheadOfTheCurve; 04/09/09 09:21 PM. Reason: Clarity

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
NC finally established after eight false starts: 1/23/09
Final Version of Events 6/09
In a solid Recovery, and lucky beyond belief.
S
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
I also think that i would have to agree with Aph regarding "recovery". I am not sure that anyone is ever able to truly "recover" their M or personally after adultery.

If that were the case then there would be no such thing as NC FOR LIFE OR ELSE IT COULD START AGAIN.

That is drilled into everyone's head from day one on MB. So if that is the case then how can you truly ever "recover" from such a thing.

You can use the A to have a better M than you had before the A and learn things about yourself that contributed to things or need changed anyway, but i do not think you ever TRULY recover.

See my post to My Rev . You're on the same timeline. (2007)
hug

About your "NC for life" comment. Very much like AA. They refer to themselves as "recovering" not "recovered".

Perhaps that is your point?

My point is that you are "recovering" forever, you are NEVER "recovered". It is something that will be with you for the rest of your life no matter what. You will never forget it and we are all different after it happens to us (both the WS and the BS), sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

M
M
Some people agreed that WW showed characteristic signs of psychopathic behaviour and that the behaviour was part of a continuum of degree .I notice that narcissistic behaviour has not had a mention and would like to add my own conviction that narcissism can at the extreme end of the behavioural spectrum become psychopathic.

If you take the two lists there are a number of items which have a common thread

DSM IV-TR criteria for narcissism

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:[1]

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special".
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement
6. is interpersonally exploitative
7. lacks empathy
8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

The exploitative, sense of entitlement, lack of empathy, disregard for others, and constant need for attention inherent in NPD adversely affect interpersonal relationships.

Narcissism can be a considered a self-perceived form of perfectionism. Narcissists often are pseudo-perfectionists and require being the center of attention and create situations where they will receive attention.[

1. Previous adulteries or cheated on boyfriends.

2. Barely recognizes her conscience.

3. Works out, feels good, sleeps like a baby.

4. Not "head-over-heels" in love, but loves the attention.

5. "Follow your heart" IS her compass in life.

6. Cries for an audience, especially when caught.

7. May drink, do drugs, but does them to heighten her sense of pleasure.

8. Feels powerful and in control.

9. Loves herself. Why not?

10. Can look people straight in the eye and lie her [censored] off. Then go to bed with OM(s), then come home and kiss her BH, her children, and have a good night sleep. No problem.

P
OP Offline
P
So how does this relate? If the purpose of this thread is to explore better ways for the members to help the BH intervene?

I am missing the relevance as far as helping the BH.

No point in "diagnosing" a WW unless it is a means to helping the BH.

Do you agree?

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation