Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
M
M
It is clear that no nights apart ever again will be an essential extraordinary precaution in any recovery plan you attempt.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by xpbrain1
@mrEureka just travel.
@MelodyLane i have her full name and I searched very hard but nothing comes up. I guess only hire PI could really dig sth out. But it's in a different country and very difficult. everything is so stressful and i have to work and take care of the little ones.

I bet a PI could run a background check on her even though she is out of the country. Can you find her home address and phone number? Where does she live?

She is chinese and lives in china. We are chinese immigrants.

Me: BW, 36; WH: 37
Married 14 years
DD: 4yr, DS: 8 month
DD: 11/24/2013
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
Plan A before moving to CA as suggested by Dr Harley started 6/8/14.
R
R
You should go into plan B.

Prepare for it first (meanwhile, plan A).

Get your financial ducks in a row and know who can be an intermediary for financial or visitation information. Also, craft a beautiful Plan B letter to give your WH.

Then go into plan B and begin to heal.

When you go into Plan B....send a copy of your Plan B letter to OW.

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by reading

Get your financial ducks in a row and know who can be an intermediary for financial or visitation information. Also, craft a beautiful Plan B letter to give your WH.

i already drafted plan b letter, got the sample from here, and modified. my mother-in-law is here helping us with the 5-month-old, and she will be the intermediary. I know it's not recommended, but we moved to this place not long ago, not too many friends close enough to fit the role.

I sent out the plan b letter just now. ask him to move out in 2 weeks if he doesn't end the affair.

Married 14 years
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
M
M
Originally Posted by reading

i already drafted plan b letter, got the sample from here, and modified. my mother-in-law is here helping us with the 5-month-old, and she will be the intermediary. I know it's not recommended, but we moved to this place not long ago, not too many friends close enough to fit the role.

I sent out the plan b letter just now. ask him to move out in 2 weeks if he doesn't end the affair.

xpbrain, this is not Plan B. Plan B is when you end all contact. What you did is not Plan B. It is a good idea that you demanded he end his affair. That is a good seque to Plan B.

In the meantime you can read up on what Plan B is. Also, your MIL will make a horrible IM and you need to find someone who is neutral. Find a close friend. Anyone BUT his mother or any other relative of his.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
xpbrain, this is not Plan B. Plan B is when you end all contact. What you did is not Plan B. It is a good idea that you demanded he end his affair. That is a good seque to Plan B.

In the meantime you can read up on what Plan B is. Also, your MIL will make a horrible IM and you need to find someone who is neutral. Find a close friend. Anyone BUT his mother or any other relative of his.

I guess I just initiated plan b by sending out the letter to him. No contact between us hasn't started yet. We don't have close friends here, all the ppl we know are some sort of work related. We live an apt complex provided by WH's company, so all the neighbors are work related. I don't want to get them involved. We moved to this place simply because of his new job and we left all our long time friends behind. Other than my mother-in-law, I really can't think anybody else.

Married 14 years
M
M
Do you have the book Survivng an Affair? I would download that book in kindle and read it so you understand how the program works. Here is a good primer on Plan B: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2482787#Post2482787

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
Do you have the book Survivng an Affair? I would download that book in kindle and read it so you understand how the program works. Here is a good primer on Plan B: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2482787#Post2482787

I do have this book and read that how to plan b correctly several times. but our constraints i mentioned above limit my options.

Married 14 years
M
M
[

I guess I just initiated plan b by sending out the letter to him. No contact between us hasn't started yet.

That is my point. Plan B is no contact at all. You haven't initiated Plan B.

We don't have close friends here, all the ppl we know are some sort of work related.

It doesn't need to be someone who lives there. It only needs to be someone who will maintain a neutral stance and agree to screen out his messages - VIA EMAIL.

I would read up on Plan B before you do it. Telling your husband he has to leave in 2 weeks if he doesn't end contact is NOT Plan B.

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
It doesn't need to be someone who lives there. It only needs to be someone who will maintain a neutral stance and agree to screen out his messages - VIA EMAIL.

I would read up on Plan B before you do it. Telling your husband he has to leave in 2 weeks if he doesn't end contact is NOT Plan B.

I'll think about this more carefully.

Married 14 years
X
OP Offline
X
Thank you guys for all your input! Really appreciate them.

Married 14 years
M
M

WE are here and are glad to help!! You are on the right track and you did good telling he has to end his affair.

What does his mother think about his affair? Is she telling him to shape up? Will she contact the OW and tell her to buzz off?

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X

WE are here and are glad to help!! You are on the right track and you did good telling he has to end his affair.

What does his mother think about his affair? Is she telling him to shape up? Will she contact the OW and tell her to buzz off?

Thanks. MIL wants him to terminate all contact, but she's not healthy enough (high blood pressure, etc) to get too much involved, like calling OW. MIL and sister-in-law talked to him many times. Although he loves them very much, he refused to end the affair. He blamed everything on me. and during plan a I used my actions to show i could change (my MIL acknowledged my change, better temper, more care for WH). But he still wants to have a divorce. the only thing might keep him from moving out is our kids. They are so young and needs lots of time and energy to take care of them.

Married 14 years
M
M
You are doing the right thing getting him moved out and going into Plan B. The only problem I see is how will you keep him out if you live in company housing? You can't really keep him out. Can you move back home?

Exposure 101

M
M
[ We live an apt complex provided by WH's company,

This will prevent you from going into Plan B. Can you move home?

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X

i think as long as he doesn't report to housing management, we could still live there. I always wanted to move to the state we lived for many years, but he wouldn't let me leave with the two kids. He loves them a lot too and won't quit his job. he simply want them all and let me suffer here.

Married 14 years
M
M

i think as long as he doesn't report to housing management, we could still live there. I always wanted to move to the state we lived for many years, but he wouldn't let me leave with the two kids. He loves them a lot too and won't quit his job. he simply want them all and let me suffer here.

The problem is that he would be able to come into your home at will. You wouldn't be able to keep him out.

Is there a reason you can't move on your own and take the kids? Do you have some family you could move in with?

Does he have a traveling job?

Exposure 101

R
R
You must get all your stuff in line before going to Plan B.

A place to live that is not at H's control.

Funds ($) to survive on.......

an intermediary that did not give birth to the wayward.

You should also talk to a couple attorneys about your situation....that you are from another country and need to separate from your spouse and need financial support and what to do to get it.

You can do all these things if you keep working on them.

Meanwhile, consider your note to WH as not a Plan B launch, but a notice that you want his affair to end.

Then, when you are able to go to a true Plan B......give him a letter that you have posted here and had edited by those of us who are knowledgable about well written Plan B launching letters.

B
B
I always wanted to move to the state we lived for many years, but he wouldn't let me leave with the two kids.

He doesn't have a choice if you want to leave with your children...you don't need his permission. Without a pending divorce, you can go wherever you want. How long have you been in your current state? If he doesn't meet residency requirements, he can't file D.

Welcome to MB.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
X
OP Offline
X
"find a place to live that's not at H's control" -- I have a 4yr-old and a 5-month old, tons of stuff to move. It's just too much work for me to move. I think WH won't force to come to my home if he doesn't want all his colleagues to know about his affair. He can't afford to lose his reputation at his work place.

IM -- working on it. Will find a friend who is neutral.

"he wouldn't let me leave with the two kids" -- we lived in the current state for almost 3 years. But if i move to another state with my two kids without his consent, he has the right to file motion to court to force me to come back, which might jeopardize my custody. I very very much want to move back to the state with all the support from my friends. Looking for a job there now. Please help me on this!

Financial aspect -- moved savings to my account. he's not opposed to this.

I'm a bit hesitated to reveal all my plan since he might know this forum.

Married 14 years
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation