Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Indie. I mentioned a PI to husband. He thought it an over the top notion. The graduation is tomorrow. I m going to be really observant
Land see how they interact.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
G
OP Offline
G
Post graduation:

Daughter picked up BF grandmother one hour drive away and navigated grandma to ceremony, a difficult undertaking. Reason: BF parents were not on speaking terms w/Grandmother for petty reasons. Daughter also volunteered to take her back.

Originally BF patents wanted to throw their son a party with his friends but BF insisted he'd like something smaller and less involved so they had a lunch at a restaurant which we attended. BF seemed grateful and appreciative of support. I began to feel a bit better.

He gave a speech flattering various relatives and friends expressing gratitude. He thanked everyone and appeared to be wrapping it up and my husband pointed to our DD. He claimed he'd not forgotten her. He expressed his gratitude for her support. I even wondered if he was about to pop the question but he did not.

My daughter took the grandma home. I asked her later what BF was doing after lunch thing. He'd acted vague when asked by his parents in front of us. But when I asked my DD she said he was attending a grad party with friends. I asked her why she wasn't going. She said she was not invited because they are not her friends. Of course I thought this was weird he has separated himself and seems to have second life going on.

I don't have much hope. My daughter told me not to make a big deal about it. I did not make a big deal in front of her but both my husband and I are concerned.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
I
I

There's most definitely another girl.

A specific girl, not just randoms.

He told her he couldn't introduce her to the family just yet, but he would have had to go see her afterwards.

Last edited by indiegirl; 05/19/14 12:37 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
OP Offline
G
Yeah, this whole thing seems carefully orchestrated and fits in with wayward activity we here are in tuned too.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

G
OP Offline
G
DD emailed me yesterday saying she was thinking about breaking up. He BF was to come to her apartment for dinner last night. He no showed and gave a lame excuse. Came by this AM and DD says they amicably decided to break up. He'd already came by her apartment while she was at work and picked up his things using a spare key. (she hadn't noticed until he mentioned it as he'd left a few things around)

She seems to be doing OK. Was pulling his picture down and so on and heading to visit a aunt.

I'm so happy.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

B
B
That is so wonderful.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
Yes and I'm sure he's got a girlfriend. I did not aide her distress and mention this. Just glad she does not see him in her future.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

I
I
Great news.

G
OP Offline
G
Wayward old boyfriend left a foot in the door so to speak. He'd asked her to take care of his dog which she has kept at her apartment for nearly two years. Gave lame reasons why she should continue and talked about being friends and meeting up in a couple months.

Good news is daughter is coming out of gas lighters fog and has stopped defending her lifestyle with this guy. When they broke up she bought his poor doggy story. Now she's given him a short timeline to pick up the dog.

She's even referring to him as a renter or freeloader. Her friends have told her now they suspect he has a new girlfriend. They too have been weary to talk to her due to defensive walls.

She is so much easier to talk to. She even mentioned beginning to sign up for dating sites. I was shocked. It's great.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

L
L
dance2 She is almost out of a life of heartaches, so happy to hear.

Me 40M
Wife 43F
3 kids 9M, 5M, 1F

Together 15 yrs, Married 10 yrs, live together most of our dating life. Did not live together our year of our engagement. Working hard to fall more in love with my wife.
I
I
Originally Posted by graceful2b
Wayward old boyfriend left a foot in the door so to speak. He'd asked her to take care of his dog which she has kept at her apartment for nearly two years. Gave lame reasons why she should continue and talked about being friends and meeting up in a couple months.

Good news is daughter is coming out of gas lighters fog and has stopped defending her lifestyle with this guy. When they broke up she bought his poor doggy story. Now she's given him a short timeline to pick up the dog.

She's even referring to him as a renter or freeloader. Her friends have told her now they suspect he has a new girlfriend. They too have been weary to talk to her due to defensive walls.

She is so much easier to talk to. She even mentioned beginning to sign up for dating sites. I was shocked. It's great.

Now is the time to get her buyers renters and freeloaders and intro the 30 dates concept!

G
OP Offline
G
Yep. I have a copy. Was planning to send it along. In fact I told her about the 30 dates thing. She's signed up for eHarmony. Several friends have begun to set the wheels in motion to set her up.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

G
OP Offline
G
She has asked me to take the dog to old BF house and drop off this weekend.

Couldn't believe this. She'd allowed him to use her amazon account to order w/her prime. He'd asked her to allow himself to continue using her account because his textbooks are attached to her acct. Yep, she took him off her account and now he's sending texts to have access. She anticipates him showing up at her apartment to bully.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

I
I
That's completely awesome Grace. My friend I mentioned? She did the same. The groom is no 14!

G
OP Offline
G
I wrapped up B,R, F in pretty tissue and ribbon around and gave it to her Friday in honor of her new improved status! She handed off the dog to former BF mother yesterday.

Apparently she decided to ask him to pay her back for some of his expenses on her dime, such as pro football season pass. She knew it was not a worthwhile thing to do and she knew she needed to just let it go... So they engaged in a series of back and forth emails. He tried to use lame legalize. "We did not have a loan or lease set up to pay you back "therefore did not have an obligation to pay her back.

As an employer I can see him embezzling when he get a job!

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

I
I

I'd say the financial loss is worth it, given the dead weight she's unloaded in boyfriend form. It's also worth it for the insight. Imagine if she'd had to divorce this creep.

G
OP Offline
G
1. She has her health.
2. She has her dignity and self respect.
3. She has gained wisdom.
4. She has her beauty.
5. She is open to MB type relationship.
6. She's prepared to be in an intimate relationship.
7. Still time for the family she wants to have.
8. She has her family.
9. She has a cute puppy.
10. She has a good job.
11. She is thoughtful and caring.
12. She didn't marry or have children w/old BF

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

G
OP Offline
G
An update:

My daughter has moved forward and tried a few on line dating sites. She's only dated a couple guys that I know of. The first guy she let go after about of month of weekly dates. She'd caught on the guy was a clone of her last entitled BF.

Seems cautious but hopeful about prospects. I'm encouraged she is attending a gym and taking care of herself. The current guy she has dated a couple months and seems content. Her girlfriend is getting married and she is allowed to bring a + one to the wedding next month. Since my husband and are attending the wedding she wants us to meet the guy before. Now a dinner is planned. We've been lectured to behave ourselves!

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 870 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation