Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by Rusty
I got her phone number (I think) so I will call her tomorrow once the exposure starts. I don't know if he will be home and pick up the phone, that could be an awkward conversation smile ("Hi, OM, yeah, its BH, could you put your wife on the phone so I can tell her that you're diddling my wife? Thanks so much!") LOL wink

Hey that happened to me...OW picked up the phone when I tried to contact her BH. I didn't hang up either and bought her a clue!! grin

Have you considered emailing OMW's attorney directly? If OMW has filed for divorce that would be public record with her counsel's name/firm being on file. You could tell the attorney your WW is having an affair with Mr. POSOM and that you have information that his client may find helpful. Mention something like him bringing WW around her children...to an apple farm the weekend of mm/dd/yy and a couple eye catching facts. What is the status on your attorney, talking to his attorney? Make it happen!!

I don't think OMW has filed anything yet. I don't think that OM even knows that she has an attorney. I'm meeting with mine tomorrow and likely meeting with her attorney at some point tomorrow as well (they work at the same firm). I will let y'all know what the results are.

Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it!! I think tomorrow will be a lot better, the truth getting out always makes things better, even if it's painful initially.

B
B
Originally Posted by black_raven
I got her phone number (I think) so I will call her tomorrow once the exposure starts. I don't know if he will be home and pick up the phone, that could be an awkward conversation smile ("Hi, OM, yeah, its BH, could you put your wife on the phone so I can tell her that you're diddling my wife? Thanks so much!") LOL wink

Hey that happened to me...OW picked up the phone when I tried to contact her BH. I didn't hang up either and bought her a clue!! grin

Have you considered emailing OMW's attorney directly? If OMW has filed for divorce that would be public record with her counsel's name/firm being on file. You could tell the attorney your WW is having an affair with Mr. POSOM and that you have information that his client may find helpful. Mention something like him bringing WW around her children...to an apple farm the weekend of mm/dd/yy and a couple eye catching facts. What is the status on your attorney, talking to his attorney? Make it happen!!

I don't think OMW has filed anything yet. I don't think that OM even knows that she has an attorney. I'm meeting with mine tomorrow and likely meeting with her attorney at some point tomorrow as well (they work at the same firm). I will let y'all know what the results are.

Gotcha. I do recall you posting that before. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it!! I think tomorrow will be a lot better, the truth getting out always makes things better, even if it's painful initially.

It sucks but it will be a huge relief to get the exposure over with.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
W
W
Rusty: Don't be surprised if, after exposure, the waywards believe in "it's us against the world" scenario. Just be prepared and hold your ground. Good Luck.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by graceful2b
Rusty,

After the tsunmi, the angry stuff, job loss and so on...

The affair will be a lot less exciting. Your wife will be forced (hopefully) to look around and fully see what she has created and destroyed. Exactly what you want.

Don't be surprised, no promises of course, if you both stop being enemies and decide to rebuild a whole new foundation.

So its good you tell exposure people that you need their help if there is to be any chance for your marriage.

You are doing great! Keep going.

Also, what are your current list of smoking guns?

I have a webpage of the various items, such as texts, evidence of secret phone lines on iPhones, receipts, etc. I've omitted one or two particularly personal details � such as the one about the physical evidence � but will provide it to the disbelievers.

Thank you for the support. I know I'm doing the right thing with the exposure in general, I'm still a little hesitant about the job exposure. But I'm only telling their boss and the HR person, in hopes that they will handle it discreetly and not fully ruin their careers. But if that happens, it was ultimately their decision to get involved in such a stupid game and i won't accept blame for it.

N
N
I would advise you NOT to ONLY tell the boss and HR person. If only a few know, then it becomes easy to sweep under the rug or ignore.
If you are going to do the work exposure, it must hit the target as well. You must get it to several important folks (vice presidents, HR managers, HR directors, HR vice presidents, Chief Counsel, etc)

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by NebDane
I would advise you NOT to ONLY tell the boss and HR person. If only a few know, then it becomes easy to sweep under the rug or ignore.
If you are going to do the work exposure, it must hit the target as well. You must get it to several important folks (vice presidents, HR managers, HR directors, HR vice presidents, Chief Counsel, etc)

They are both pretty high-level so their boss is the head of the organization. I don't know that they have a chief counsel. And I don't think I'd mind if it was "swept under the rug" if the affair ended and they were separated -- I don't want their careers to be ruined, just that they not work together.

Here's the email I'm planning on sending:

I write to alert you to the fact that WW and OM are carrying on an affair and have been for some time. I am not sure whether the affair predated WW's promotion to <fancy title> and what role OM had in that decision. I do know that on their recent <Organization-paid> trip to <city> for the <Organization's> conference, they shared a hotel room and evidence of "opportunity and inclination" was discovered by a private investigator hired by OM's wife. I have amassed additional evidence of the affair, going back as far as March of this year as well (and maybe earlier).

I understand that this likely presents a very difficult and sensitive situation for <Org> and I am sorry to be the messenger of the unpleasant news. I realize that both WW and OM have worked very hard to get where they are today and are both excellent <workers> and leaders, but for this serious lapse in judgment. I trust that you will handle this situation in an appropriate manner.

I'm still refining it, and debating whether to expressly state that if we to reconcile, the affair must end, like I do in my emails to friends and family.

Last edited by Rusty; 10/28/14 08:55 AM.
B
B
I write to alert you to the fact that WW and OM are carrying on an sexual affair and have been for some time. I am not sure whether the affair predated WW's promotion to <fancy title> and what role OM had in that decision. I do know that on their recent <Organization-paid> trip to <city> for the <Organization's> conference, they shared a hotel room and evidence of "opportunity and inclination" was discovered by a hired private investigator hired by OM's wife. I have amassed additional evidence of the affair, going back as far as March of this year as well (and maybe earlier).

I understand that this likely presents a very difficult and sensitive situation for <Org> and I am sorry to be the messenger of the unpleasant news. Company resources and business trips have been used to carry on their affair. I realize that both WW and OM have worked very hard to get where they are today and are both excellent <workers> and leaders, but for this serious lapse in judgment. I trust that you will handle this situation in an appropriate manner and have attached documentation.

Don't soften the blow by mentioning how hard they have worked. It is irrelevant.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
N
N
I am certainly not an expert in language/content for such a letter, but it comes across as weak.

Do you realize that if you want to reconcile this marriage, your wife MUST leave that job!! It is a requirement!!!
They can't continue to work together, she can't be at the same office or company.
You and her will be forever triggered and be crippled in your marriage.

So back to the point, ruining their careers is not your fault.
They chose to ruin their own careers by carrying on like a couple teenagers.

Part of exposing is getting the wayward to feel and realize the consequences of their own actions. By trying to cushion the consequences you are enabling.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am certainly not an expert in language/content for such a letter, but it comes across as weak.

Do you realize that if you want to reconcile this marriage, your wife MUST leave that job!! It is a requirement!!!
They can't continue to work together, she can't be at the same office or company.
You and her will be forever triggered and be crippled in your marriage.

So back to the point, ruining their careers is not your fault.
They chose to ruin their own careers by carrying on like a couple teenagers.

Part of exposing is getting the wayward to feel and realize the consequences of their own actions. By trying to cushion the consequences you are enabling.

NebDane, I agree with your points, except that I don't care which one of them leaves (i.e. if he leaves the job and she stays, I'm fine with that). I was thinking of adding something to that extent at the end. I also know that their company is very strict and risk-averse and will want to act on this.

But I see your point about enabling. I have told her several times (and she told me) that it would be really stupid to have an affair with her boss. I guess she was too "in love" to follow her own advice.

U
U
I agree that whole part about how great of employees they are makes it seem like you are trying to talk them out of taking action, which completely defeats the goal of exposing in the first place!

N
N
I would not add anything about which one leaves.
Your wife needs to leave.
She will be triggered by seeing his office, or going to the same event where they were at last year, or seeing his parking spot, or any other thing.
You will be triggered everytime she goes to work at the same place wondering if she is thinking of him, etc.

Read up on Triggers, they are powerful and will haunt you and her if you don't take EP.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
She will be triggered by seeing his office, or going to the same event where they were at last year, or seeing his parking spot, or any other thing.
You will be triggered everytime she goes to work at the same place wondering if she is thinking of him, etc.

Read up on Triggers, they are powerful and will haunt you and her if you don't take EP.

My concern is if she leaves, she may have a hard time finding a job in this area, and she would have to move (if she still wants to divorce, which she may very well want) and then either I have to move or the child custody issue becomes very complicated.

I do see the point about triggers, but their company has many offices and they usually didn't see each other at work, it was mostly afterwork dinners and meetings. But I see the point and will read up on triggers.

Thank you all for the advice. I've firmed up the letter.

B
B
Add to the letter: Mrs. OMW is aware of the ongoing affair between my wife and her husband.

That way they know OMW knows. If any of these people have met OMW they may have to look her in the face at some point or may worry about her contacting them or talking to other employees or "corporate wives" as well if they don't do anything. Don't leave wiggle room.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
G
Rusty

Whether you want to remain married or not it is best you assert you want try to protect your family, your young children from this affair. It's OK to put one foot in front of the other and at least act and take action to protect the marriage and later assert you do not care go salvage. Allow yourself the choice anyway and assert today to protect both your marriage and family. You don't want you WE to bring this guy around your children. They have abused their roles and authority. They can't be trusted in the organization. They cannot be trusted together with your children. Close the loop.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
B
B
My concern is if she leaves, she may have a hard time finding a job in this area, and she would have to move (if she still wants to divorce, which she may very well want) and then either I have to move or the child custody issue becomes very complicated.

Rusty, you are going into "what if" territory. There is no crystal ball. Deal with the here and now vs making up possible scenarios that may never happen.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Also, what would be a catchy title for the email to the boss? "Misconduct between WW and OM"?

N
N

I do see the point about triggers, but their company has many offices and they usually didn't see each other at work, it was mostly afterwork dinners and meetings. But I see the point and will read up on triggers.

Thank you all for the advice. I've firmed up the letter.

You are shielding your wife from the consequences of the affair. Moving, finding a new job, custody issues, all will be due to HER actions of the affair. Yes they are real, difficult, crappy, painful. These are the things she MUST realize, DO NOT ENABLE.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
You are shielding your wife from the consequences of the affair. Moving, finding a new job, custody issues, all will be due to HER actions of the affair. Yes they are real, difficult, crappy, painful. These are the things she MUST realize, DO NOT ENABLE.

All true. But some of it (custody) makes my life more difficult if I have to move to see the kids! Or maybe not -- I may propose a fresh start to her when I confront her tonight.

B
B
It is often very difficult for a parent to pick up and move when there are children of the marriage. The courts very much frown upon it unless the other parent is an absentee parent.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

S
S
Also, what would be a catchy title for the email to the boss? "Misconduct between WW and OM"?

How about just straight out "OM and WW's Workplace Affair"

I'd avoid bland (legal) words. Get straight to the meat of it.

Last edited by Sunnytimes; 10/28/14 10:28 AM.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 906 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation