Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
B
Originally Posted by HeartBrokenlost
I did to my husband's family. I did not to neither women because neither have family, just friends. I was their friend and kinda took them in to help them. Watched their kids and paid for one of the OW kid to play baseball and bought all food while we were out of town playing ball with our kids. The baseball is a voluntary position. It's not his day job.
Is anyone from his family putting any pressure on him?

What did his parents say? Your parents?

How old are your kids? Have you told them?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Is it still considered an affair if there was no sex involved? He says that it was just inappropriate text that went to far. There was a lot of talk about sex and pictures sent.

Yes, it is an affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
No he doesn't ever use the word affair. I only do. He told me that him and her would text very sexual things and she would send naked pictures. I left to get away after he told me, so him and I really haven't spoke about it anymore. I'm going back home, I just needed time to process all this alone.

B
B
No he doesn't ever use the word affair. I only do. He told me that him and her would text very sexual things and she would send naked pictures. I left to get away after he told me, so him and I really haven't spoke about it anymore. I'm going back home, I just needed time to process all this alone.
Where did you go?

So he's home with your children?

Please answer this.
Have you told your children?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
And my husband has also been threatened that if I post anything else that he could loose his job. His Corp keeps a eye on my fb because I'm his wife, even though I don't have anything that says where he works and I don't talk about his job on my fb.

Who told you he could loose his job if you post anything about his affair partners (APs)?

If your WH is so worried about possibly losing his job, you have leverage to require him to take a poly. Do not take anything down.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
F
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
How old are your kids? Have you told them?

Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Please answer this.
Have you told your children?

My 9 year old son knows. My twins are 6 and not sure how to tell them.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
B
B
My 9 year old son knows. My twins are 6 and not sure how to tell them.
Here, please read. Dr. Harley recommends to tell children of 4 years and older.
Exposing to Children

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

H
OP Offline
H
As soon as I posted it he got an email from corporate With a ss of my post and was told it was a big no no and I needed to remove it or he
Could loose his job. I did remove it and deleted my fb.

B
B
As soon as I posted it he got an email from corporate With a ss of my post and was told it was a big no no and I needed to remove it or he
Did you see this email or just his word that he received this email?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

H
OP Offline
H
I saw one email from corporate with the ss asking him what was this all about. The rest was done through phone calls or other emails. I'm not to sure. They were telling him that I had on my fb that I worked for his job but I didn't and I don't even have that I was married. I do have pictures of us a a company function with the name of the company. Thats it.

L
L

You must be very special that Corporate Officials just sit and wait for you to post on FB.

Do you REALLY believe that?

Let's see. A cheater is a liar. The liar told you he got that message.

Uhhh??? How can the posts of a non-employee have anything to do with his job?

I think your lying WH just revealed a soft spot he is concerned about.

Does he know either POSOW from his work?

If the company is THAT concerned about their public image of their employees, they surely would want to know whatever they can to cease and desks his despicable behavior.

Contact them directly. See if someone monitors your FB account. That sound ludicrously.

LTL

Last edited by LearnedTooLate; 12/12/14 03:09 PM.
M
M
And my husband has also been threatened that if I post anything else that he could loose his job. His Corp keeps a eye on my fb because I'm his wife, even though I don't have anything that says where he works and I don't talk about his job on my fb.

He can't lose his job over your facebook page, that is a lie he made up to scare you. He can lose his job over bad behavior possibly, but that is his fault not yours.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
What do I need to do to get our marriage where it needs to be.. what questions should I ask him? He says he wants to work it out and so do I but I need honesty from him and don't know how to get that out.

M
M
What do I need to do to get our marriage where it needs to be.. what questions should I ask him? He says he wants to work it out and so do I but I need honesty from him and don't know how to get that out.

I would schedule a polygraph with a reliable tester. What questions do want answered? I would make an appointment and when you do that, hand him a list of all your questions. Tell him he has 2 days to answer honestly and clear the air BEFORE the pg test. He won't know what questions they ask on the polygraph.Tell him you expect him to pass it.

In the meantime, he must agree to some very specific steps that are designed to protect you from another affair. The first steps would be to quit coaching and cut off all contact with these women. And I would definitely expose the affair.

From Surviving an Affair, pg 66-67

The extraordinary precautions do more than end marriage-threatening affairs; they help a couple form the kind of relationship they always wanted.

These recommendations may seem rigid, unnecessarily confining, and even paranoid to those who have not been the victim of infidelity. But people like Sue and Jon, who have suffered unimaginable pain as a result of an affair that spun out of control, can easily see their value. For the inconvenience of following my advice, Sue would have spared herself and Jon the very worst experience of their lives.

Checklist for How Affairs Should End

_____The unfaithful spouse should reveal information about the affair to the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should make a commitment to the betrayed spouse to never see or talk to the lover OP again.

_____The unfaithful spouse should write a letter to the lover OP ending the relationship and send it with the approval of the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should take extraordinary precautions to guarantee total separation from the lover OP:

_____Block potential communication with the lover OP (change e-mail address and home and cell phone numbers, and close all social networking accounts; have voice messages and mail monitored by the betrayed spouse).

_____Account for time (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a twenty-four-hour daily schedule with locations and telephone numbers).

_____Account for money (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a complete account of all money spent).

_____Spend leisure time together.

_____Change jobs and relocate if necessary.

_____Avoid overnight separation.

_____Allow technical accountability.

_____ Expose affair to family members, clergy, and/or friends.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
So I now know what he was hiding in his truck the other night that he didn't want me to know about and claimed it was just a sex toy. It was drugs. Ox y codeine. (Have no clue how to spell it ) the pill has A322 on it. He had 18 this morning when I counted them at 11 and now it's 1:30 and I went and recounted them and there is only 14. He does not know I know any of this. What do I do next??

M
M
So I now know what he was hiding in his truck the other night that he didn't want me to know about and claimed it was just a sex toy. It was drugs. Ox y codeine. (Have no clue how to spell it ) the pill has A322 on it. He had 18 this morning when I counted them at 11 and now it's 1:30 and I went and recounted them and there is only 14. He does not know I know any of this. What do I do next??

HB, are you reading our posts? We are making posts to you and it doesn't seem like you are even reading them. We can't help you if you don't read our posts.

As far as this recent discovery, just go talk to him. Are these illegal narcotics? If so, I would call the police.

Exposure 101

M
M
Do you think you have the ability to put aside your emotions and follow a plan? Because if you can't, I don't give this any hope. Your marriage is not going to recover by magic. You have to be able to follow and execute a plan.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
I am reading post. I just can't do anything right now because we are out of town at families.

H
OP Offline
H
I am reading post. I just can't do anything right now because we are out of town at families.

B
B
Have you told your six year olds yet?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation