Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
M
Originally Posted by julesm
No she is divorced with children. I have no contact details for her I don't even know her name he doesn't want me to contact her. I think this is unfair but he wants to forget about it!

I would start by getting her full name, address and cell phone #. You need to find everything about her. This is not negotiable information. It is information about your life that you have a right to know. Don't take no for an answer. If he won't tell you WHO the woman is, I would pack his bags and show him to the door, because he is NOT SERIOUS about recovery if he intends on keeping secrets from you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

U
U
The Plan starts with him ending contact FOR LIFE with his OW. You cannot take his word for this, you need to verify this through snooping. You also need to follow the checklist ML posted to make it next to impossible for them to communicate again.

Obviously you cannot protect yourself or your marriage against a threat that is a mystery. If your WH is serious about recovery he would gladly give you that information so you can protect yourself. The fact that he is hiding her identity means that he is not serious and is protecting HER over you or your marriage.

Many time when someone is protecting their AP 1) the affair is still ON or 2) the AP is someone in their every day lives and the fallout from exposure would be very impactful.

His OW could be your neighbor or your best friend for all you know. You need to know this to protect yourself! If he won't tell you her identity, you need to snoop and find out on your own.

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
If he won't tell you WHO the woman is, I would pack his bags and show him to the door, because he is NOT SERIOUS about recovery if he intends on keeping secrets from you.

How old are your children?

Do you live in the States?

Welcome to MB

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
i found break up messages...

Do you still have this evidence? Is it texts or emails?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok I know what I need to do next, I just hope I have the strength I can't take much more, thank you for your advice.

hurt@soconfused
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No he deleted everything I was stupid not to copy the number down

hurt@soconfused
B
B
Check his phone records for numbers.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My children are 8 & 9 I live in ireland

hurt@soconfused
B
B
i have exposed is affair to his sister and couple of close friends

Have these people confronted WH? You need to expose his affair to other relevant targets...his/your parents, other siblings, your children (they are old enough). If WH refuses to ID the OW then that also can be part of your exposure.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

B
B
No he deleted everything I was stupid not to copy the number down

You weren't stupid. Dday is a horrific blow to a BS. Please don't beat yourself up.

You can also put a keylogger on his phone.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
Ok I know what I need to do next, I just hope I have the strength I can't take much more, thank you for your advice.

Yes, you have the strength! Just choose to use it. Don't settle for crumbs, my friend. You will dearly regret it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Can you access your/his cell phone records online where you are at?

Look for the phone number that rings a bell from when you saw it previously.

Go through his Contact List and download all of the data into a secret folder and then save it to a Flash Drive.

Look for frequent calls to the same numbers at all sorts of times during the day and night, but especially immediately after he left home for work.

Put your foot down and insist, and if he refuses to cooperate, asked him to pack his things.

That will give him time to think.

You will need to do a wider exposure for sure, but it would be very helpful if you knew who the POSOW was.

Find Out.

Check out his FaceBook Page in secret if you can.

Purchase a computer keylogger and a cell phone spy keylogger.

Hide a VAR, Voice Activated Recorder under the drivers seat of his car, attached with velcro. Usually, you can find out everything you need to know within 2-3 days with that method.

Don't Blow Up at him. Even though you are breaking apart, Only Calm, Cool thinking will get you through this.

Don't beg. Don't look weak. You WILL persevere and get through this stronger, regretfully, than you ever knew.

What EXACTLY are your plans?

The more astute veterans need to know how you are implementing the plan, without having to prod you for details.

Keep posting. If you need privacy, then go to the public library and use the computers there.

LTL

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
What is a key logger? I've looked for his phone bill but can't find it, I'm going to go to his workshop when I know he's out on a job and see if he is keeping his phone records there . I did check there the day after d day when I was mad but found nothing.

hurt@soconfused
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We only have 1 computer that we all use and I found nothing on that, he's not on Facebook or any other social media there is only his phone and everything has been deleted from that. My plan at the moment is to find them phone records so I can sit down with him and get him to admit he's still in contact and take it from there. I have no family here and very little money at the moment after a hard year so if I make a move with the children it will have to be back to the uk to be around my family.

hurt@soconfused
J
J
He can buy an affair phone.
They have no records and are very cheap.

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i agree about the phone, i think my only option is to send him packing. the worry i have about this is we live in a small village and im afraid i will see him every day, i dont know how me and the kids will cope with that!

hurt@soconfused
B
B
My plan at the moment is to find them phone records so I can sit down with him and get him to admit he's still in contact and take it from there.

Don't sit down with him to get him to admit anything. If the phone records show there is contact, that is all you need. He should not be aware of any of your snooping and you don't need his admission either.

I have no family here and very little money at the moment after a hard year so if I make a move with the children it will have to be back to the uk to be around my family.

I would give him a firm deadline to disclose the identity of the OW...like tonight. If he refuses I would start make plans to go back to the UK. You will be spinning your wheels if you don't know who OW is. Recovery will never happen. Have you exposed his affair to your family yet? You should. They can offer support and help you prepare to move if it comes to that.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i have only revealed the affair to my sister and sister in law in the u.k i know they will support me its just such a big move im not worried how i will cope im worried how my children will react being dragged from school and everything they are familiar with. i know i should be just focusing on what is best for us in the long run.

hurt@soconfused
B
B
i have only revealed the affair to my sister and sister in law in the u.k i know they will support me its just such a big move im not worried how i will cope im worried how my children will react being dragged from school and everything they are familiar with. i know i should be just focusing on what is best for us in the long run.
You need to expose on OW's side.

Have you checked online phone records to get the number and then check whose name the number belongs to?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
well i searched everywhere for phone number and couldnt find one so me and my h sat down and i explained how i needed to know everything to be able to move on. he finally gave me her name and it was the person my gut was telling me it was although i could barely believe it because she is his cousin, in 16 years of us being together we maybe see her once a year.
i got her number and confronted her and she is deranged i was shocked at how mad she was compared to how calm and collected i was. her story was the same as his, the affair started in december last year and they ended things around 4 weeks ago and she hates him.this all happened a couple of hours ago!!

hurt@soconfused
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation