Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
Yeah I have to say I agree.

Not only is it inadvisable to fight for someone who cheats pre-marriage - it's also illegal!

If you go around exposing to people you could easily be sued. A wife can truthfully say her husband broke an exclusive agreement and legally committed adultery. Those are the legal facts, it is not a matter of perspective.

A girlfriend can't prove they had an agreement to be exclusive and even if they were living together it isn't legally adultery.

It's one of the reasons Dr H says get a cheap wedding if you have to and pack the place with witnesses. They may be your exposure targets someday.

He even mentions education debt in this article as one of the reasons people give for not taking care of this.

Here: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8122_Wedding.html

Last edited by indiegirl; 05/28/15 08:44 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
> Plan B is not appropriate for your situation .

If not Plan A and also not Plan B then what??? What can a woman do to save the relationship? I am puzzled what Dr. Harley advises women to do if anything at all.

P
P
Jenni, Plan A and Plan B are for couples who are married. They will not necessarily work for couples who live together or are dating.

So, strictly technically speaking, you cannot Plan A or Plan B since they are specific plans for specific situations.

It may be good for you, though, to kick your boyfriend out and have no contact with him unless he is willing to commit to you (and only you) in marriage. It would sort of look like Plan B, and a lot of people would call it "Plan B" when they are being less technical and are simply referring to the "No Contact" aspect of Plan B.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
That said, I'd stay on your original thread if I were you. The posters who are posting to you know what they are talking about.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

C
C
You two are not married. He could legally marry another woman tomorrow. I think you have your evidence that he is not the right man for you. If he will cheat during the exclusive dating stage when he is supposed to be on his best behavior and trying to win you over, he will cheat after marriage.
BTW, my husband and I only paid $40 for our marriage license and the minister performed our ceremony free of charge.

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation