Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Did you change it back?

Yes - I told the women at the post office what was going on and she said she was going to fix it right away. I may get the PO box on Monday or put mail on Hold (I think they are closed tomorrow). Even though I wanted to call her up, I did not tell her I knew she did this. I am just going to go along like nothing happened. Staying in No Contact.

I had a new Discover Card that was suppose to come in the mail that was an individual card instead of joint. I called them and they said that it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I told them to put a freeze on the card. If it gets delivered to her, I'll just have them issue another one. It has a pretty big limit on it, so I'm protected with that. Most bills are online, and I have changed the more important passwords. I still have $300 in a joint account that I am going to close first thing Monday. Last week she took cash out, and I moved $6k to secure what was remaining in the account that we were paying bills out of. Credit Cards are shut down.

She left half her clothes at my house. She has a LOT of clothes which was one of the benefits of being married to me. I boxed it all up and dropped it on her front porch a few minutes ago while she was at work.

I definitely need to listen to you guys on being complacent. I am getting better, but I am learning my lesson along the way.

I have new deadbolt locks. They are going on the doors tonight.

I am considering moving some of my assets out of the house. I already took important paperwork out that is mine. I also copied all of her stuff so I have a record of it.

I understand what you all say regarding Waywards not being the same people we thought we are married to. The Wayward mindset is crazy!

Anything Else??

D
OP Offline
D

Mel - I did leave her mail forwarded to her new address.

D
OP Offline
D

Do you think she might have opened a credit card in my name? Maybe I better check my credit report? I know she doesn't make enough to get much of a credit limit.

A
A
Run your credit and hers. You dont want any surprises.

M
M
good idea to run a credit report!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
WW now has called 22 times in a row, and continues to call.

I'm not answering.

B
B
Originally Posted by DeepSorrow
WW now has called 22 times in a row, and continues to call.

I'm not answering.
Good, don't answer because she is spinning because she's losing the control over her.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D

Well she ended up calling me about 40 times. I did not answer. Finally texted and said "You need to call me". I said, "What do you need". No answer.

D
OP Offline
D

She finally texted back with, "That was pretty rude of you to leave my stuff outside like that."

B
B
😂😂😂😂😂😂

And she's not rude for changing the entire family's mail to her address, including yours, without telling her!

U
U
She called you 40 times just to tell you that you were being rude crazy

Please tell me you did not respond to such ridiculousness...

Last edited by unwritten; 04/13/17 07:36 PM.
B
B
She finally texted back with, "That was pretty rude of you to leave my stuff outside like that."
Did you ignore her?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by unwritten
Please tell me you did not respond to such ridiculousness...

I just ignored her. It has nothing to do with the kids, so I did not respond.

I wanted to say, "Not as rude as having multiple affairs and betraying your family".

M
M
Time to change your number. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
D
OP Offline
D

I need help. How should I handle this?

Text from WW, "I guess if you don't want me at the house then we need to go ahead and split the rest of the stuff up."

What she is really saying is I'm going to come clean you out.

A
A
Change the locks.

A
A
Follow your separation agreement. Don't agree to changes until you consult your attorney.

M
M
I need help. How should I handle this?

Text from WW, "I guess if you don't want me at the house then we need to go ahead and split the rest of the stuff up."

What she is really saying is I'm going to come clean you out.

First off, change the locks asap.

Then respond that "I will let the lawyers work out the property split."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I saw someone suggested running a credit report on both of you. Once you've opened up your new accounts in your name only, I would also suggest freezing your credit reports with all 3 of the major credit reporting agencies. This will prevent her from opening any new accounts in your name. You won't be able to open any new accounts either, without thawing your report (which is easy to do), so do this after you've gotten your new individual credit cards/accounts.

D
OP Offline
D

I took off work and changed the locks.

I ignored her on the phone calls and texts about getting stuff. I thought she might come over since I didn't respond, so I put some of the stuff she wanted on the front porch in case she showed up. She kept after me, but then finally texted me about the kids, so I responded. Hopefully she will learn and accept the new boundaries. Obviously, she was testing me. She did not come over (yet).

I've been feeling pretty good about my future these past few days. I just need to keep focused. Having a wayward wife is hard, especially with this contact she's initiating these past 2 days. She wants to control me, and that is coming to an end. I wish they could give waywards a shot to get rid of the fog. I only hope that someday my wife will snap out of it, but I don't think she will. It has consumed her and she has embraced the lifestyle. She is supposed to be a Christian.

You all are really helping me get through this nightmare. I want to thank you, and tell you how much I appreciate the time the vets spend on the forum.

The kids are supposed to come to the house for the weekend. I was going to take a trip with them, but I am going to stay close to the house until we get through the divorce. Only a couple more weeks I hope!

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation