John 16:26-27 (NLT)
26Then you will ask in my name. I'm not saying I will ask the Father on your behalf, 27for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God.

Jesus is talking to the disciples and He had just told them "In just a little while I will be gone, and you won't see me anymore. Then, just a little while after that, you will see me again." Jesus was going to depart through his death, but rise again that he might be with them in spirit. They would then be able to pray in Jesus name, being filled with the Holy Spirit, even though Jesus was not there with them physically to pray for them. Jesus reassured them God loves them dearly because they loved Jesus and believed in who He was.

There was a story where a man was talking about his children. He said he had the most beautiful children in the world. His work associates whom he was talking to were impressed listening to the proud father as he boasted about his kids. So the father asked if everyone would like to see pictures of the kids. Of course after hearing the description of how beautiful these children were everyone said yes. Then out came the pictures and everyone sat frozen as they looked at the most homely looking children they had ever seen. But there sat the proud father gleaming back at them with delight. God your Father sees you through those same type of eyes. He overlooks the imperfections we see and sees something totally different. 1 Peter 3:4 says, “You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” God loves you dearly as His child. Have you trusted in Jesus and given your life to Him? Pray and let Jesus know how thankful you are for a savior who allows you to enter into the presence of God. Thank Him for listening to your prayers and interceding when you need Him. Give all honor glory and praise to Him.