Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Surviving an Affair Jump to new posts
Re: Happening again BrainHurts Yesterday at 08:37 PM
Have you heard back from Dr. Harley?

I agree with SugarCane. I think the letter to OM’s parents is too long. I would make it shorter like the example, but give them the information about being their grandkid’s pediatrician.
24 283 Read More
Re: WW and closure? jah 03/14/24 01:44 PM
Just wanted to jump in. I find our story similar as we also kissed goodnight each night, played games, but as my WW put it, it's like we are an old couple and just friends. I also have a 9 yo son. There is a good tread about that: https://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2566583#Post2566583

I did tell my son; basically it's so that he knows what is going on and not confused or worse, blaming himself. He balled out crying, saying he didn't want us to divorce. I told him that what my WW is doing is unacceptable in marriage, but he needs to still love her. He might not accept what she is doing, but he needs to love and accept her as his mom. It worked out; he is coping well 7 days after exposing to him. My wife is absolutely pissed that I told him, she feels he is too young, but I stand by my decision. It is also a life lesson; if my son can learn from this when he grows up, I hope he will have a stronger marriage.
3 184 Read More
Divorcing/Divorced Jump to new posts
Re: Spouse Seeking and platting Separation Blackhawk 03/09/24 06:05 AM
Also, why are you posting in the divorcing thread if you have no intention to divorce her? I think the standard approach here is to stay in your old thread unless something has majorly changed. It seems in your case nothing has changed. You started posting here during her 1st affair, and now you are posting again on her second affair. You should ask the mods to combine your two threads so people can read your story and know the entirely I think. Anyway, that is what I would do. I think you should be in the having an affair thread.
4 160 Read More
Marriage Builders 101 Jump to new posts
Re: DeadBedrooms Mature 03/08/24 08:26 PM
Thank you SugarCane. I guess I began tolerating a "good enough" marriage way too long ago to make a difference, but at some stage one makes a judgment of how life has turned out. Finding Marriage Builders gave me a hope that perhaps it could be turned back into a great marriage, but there seems to be just too much water under the bridge now.

Sad but true.
42 8,172 Read More
Re: Husband cheated on me with prostitute BrainHurts 02/27/24 06:24 PM
In addition to the great advice that SugarCane gave you to read please read What is a Sexual Addiction
4 168 Read More
Other Topics Jump to new posts
Re: Nosey Neighbors gives me Anxiety SugarCane 02/27/24 02:08 PM
Hi. Thank you for posting, but I can't work out whether you have a question for us, and what it is.

If not, I'd only advise you to be careful about talking about private things in your backyard. You should anticipate that someone could hear you.
1 74 Read More
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation