Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Marriage Builders 101 Jump to new posts
Re: I feel like i'm losing my mind SugarCane Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ian T
Hi all. I'm new to the forum but not new to Dr Harley's concepts. I first read His Needs Her Needs and Love Busters in my first marriage, after I was unfaithful. I am currently in my 2nd marriage and learned last month that my wife was unfaithful to me starting last year. Neither instance of unfaithfulness involved sexual relations, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt as badly as if it had.

Welcome to MB.

Please tell us about these affairs. As BrainHurts asks, what role did yours play in the breakdown of your marriage? In the case of your wife, you say that there was more than one affair. How many were there, and what makes you think they did not involve sexual relations? Do you think that any of those affairs, or a new one, might still be taking place? Could she be involved with the male co-worker? How would you know if she were?

Originally Posted by Ian T
At my last session my therapist said she thinks I might be suffocating my wife. She thinks it sounds like my wife needs some space and I keep pressing her more and more for time with her. I am just so worried that I am running out of time. That every week she is spending time with friends, her single male housemate, and having fun not associated with me. Why would she ever want to try and work on things with me if she associates me with unhappiness?

Your therapist says the opposite from what Dr Harley would say. He would say that if your wife does not want to spend time with her husband, she is probably spending time with another man.
2 34 Read More
Divorcing/Divorced Jump to new posts
Re: Desperate need of help SadNewYorker Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by SadNewYorker
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Have you thought about emailing Dr. Harley?

I have emailed Bill Harley... I am not sure which Dr harley to email?
Good.

Did you email him at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com?

Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the broadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will receive a call to explain the procedure.

Thank you so much
9 314 Read More
Surviving an Affair Jump to new posts
Re: Happening again SugarCane 04/17/24 05:58 PM
44 1,436 Read More
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation