Jude 1:9 (NLT)
9But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse Satan of blasphemy, but simply said, "The Lord rebuke you." (This took place when Michael was arguing with Satan about Moses' body.)

Whatever Satan’s contention, Michael the archangel did not rail accusations back against Satan. Even though Michael is known to be the mightiest of angels and leads the other angels in battle, he knew there was no good cause in arguing because God had already made known the truth. So Michael’s statement to Satan was God would rebuke Satan for what he was saying, because Michael knew it to be false.

The truth is hard to know. I started out writing a devotional this morning believing I knew the truth in what I was writing. As I put down the facts and got towards the end of the devotional I came to realize I wasn’t sure if I knew the truth or not. I had facts I obtained from what I considered sources that seemed reliable, but because I had not personally verified them and read the information myself I suddenly became uncomfortable. I was actually calling out an author’s name and his words in book, but I only had quotes, and opinions from others who had read the book. I personally had never read the book or knew anything about it before I had read the opinions. It began to feel as though I had gathered gossip and I deleted every line I had already written. I was writing about the author’s truth and then I realized I had to review my own truth and make sure I was accountable. Michael the angel when he rebuked Satan knew there was one real truth in this world and that was God’s truth. It’s a truth to live by. It’s a standard for our lives. We need to remember that standard and go back to that truth. Pray for God’s truth to be in your life. Pray that His word may flow fully in your life permeating your soul. Let His words be sweet and tender mercy to your ears.