Mark 13: 31-37 (NLT)
31Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever. 32"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. 33And since you don't know when they will happen, stay alert and keep watch. 34"The coming of the Son of Man can be compared with that of a man who left home to go on a trip. He gave each of his employees instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. 35So keep a sharp lookout! For you do not know when the homeowner will return--at evening, midnight, early dawn, or late daybreak. 36Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. 37What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch for his return!"

Jesus is talking to the disciples about His return. He lets them know no one knows when it will happen but God the Father alone. And He warns them not to be idle, but to kept watch for His return.

Another day passes in history when man has decided it might be the end of the world. Even Hollywood movie makers took note of the date 6/6/06 to release some of their movies to play upon the biblical numbers. But God has told us no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen. Instead we are to be like the gatekeeper staying alert. We want to follow Christ so that we know where He is when He returns. John 10: 3-5,”The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they recognize his voice. They won't follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don't recognize his voice." Isn’t wonderful to have a savior we know? Give praise to our Lord. Remember He will return in Glory and Honor. Pray for those who don’t know Him and give thanks for your own salvation.