John 2:23-25 (NLT)
23Because of the miraculous signs he did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many people were convinced that he was indeed the Messiah. 24But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew what people were really like. 25No one needed to tell him about human nature.

The same Greek word that said people were convinced Jesus was the Messiah is the same Greek word that said Jesus did not trust the people. While He showed them signs and people were convinced, Jesus knew their hearts and knew their intentions. It would only take a gathering of a mob to hand him over to the authorities.

There is no one who understood more about human nature than Jesus. Think about an architect as he walks through a building he designed. The architect spent months, maybe years on the design and layout of each feature in the building. He knows where every hallway, every door, every room, every closet is placed. Jesus is our architect and designer and intimately knows each one of us. He comes to live in us and be a part of our lives. In Revelations it says, “Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.” Isn’t it human nature to want to be friend and share intimate and close times together? Your savior loves you and longs to be with you. He even says, “I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.” Who knows us better that Christ Himself? He knows this world and the good and bad that it is filled with. Pray that the door to your heart may be open when Christ knocks. Allow him to enter those places that need to be filled. Ask Christ to share with you in times in of quiet and stillness. Pray that His blessing might be upon you.