Psalms 19:12-13 (NLT)
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 13 Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.

David acknowledges even he does not know all the sins he has committed. So David asks God that those sins he is unaware of might be cleansed from him. But then there are those sins he knows he has committed willfully. He knows at times some of those sins take control of him and he does not stop in his sinful nature. But he knows if God cleanses him and restores him he will be free of the sin that has left him feeling guilty.

Have you ever let your car just get to the point where it needed to go to the carwash? The sparkle and luster of the car was hidden by the dirt and grime that had accumulated over time. What started out as a bright shiny car gradually over time became dull. In a way that is a representation of sin in our life. When we come to Christ we get polished up, taking on a new attitude and living for Him. But gradually over time sin creeps in and starts to build up. We may not even notice at first the sins we are committing because we are blind to them. Or we may allow ourselves to fall into sin because the flesh lures us there. After a while we are tarnished and tainted by the sin in our life just like the car that eventually looses its sparkle. But we can go to God and repent and ask forgiveness for our sin. 1 John 1;9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Have you been cleansed by God? Pray God would remove the sins from your heart that are known and unknown. Ask Him to restore you and cleanse you. Look forward to a renewed life in Christ.