2 Corinthians 6:11-13 (NLT)
11 Oh, dear Corinthian friends! We have spoken honestly with you. Our hearts are open to you. 12 If there is a problem between us, it is not because of a lack of love on our part, but because you have withheld your love from us. 13 I am talking now as I would to my own children. Open your hearts to us!

In these verses the apostle Paul is speaking to the Corinthian church. He wanted them to know there is a great love for them. In the King James it says their heart is enlarged for them. In other words their love is overflowing. Paul then requests because his love is great for them, he desires they open their hearts to him.

NO TRESSPASSING, KEEP OUT!!! That was the sign I saw when I was a kid on a private piece of land that had a fishing pond near our house. All the kids in the neighborhood were always tempted to sneak onto the land and try to fish. Except there were these signs posted all around that said, no trespassing, keep out. It made everyone fearful to go onto that property; and to risk being out in the open near the pond was out of the question. It was even rumored the owner would come out with a shotgun to chase anyone away. There was something about knowing you had been told to stay off the land and the signs made it clear you should not trespass. Sometimes some of us make it clear we don’t want others trespassing against our heart. We put us signs so people know they should stay away. It may be looks of anger, disgust or moodiness. But people are able to read the signs and recognize our heart is not open to them. As God’s people are hearts should be open to others to show love and compassion. They should not see signs that say “NO TRESPASSING”, but instead should see an open heart that extends itself in love. Is your heart open to others or have you put up a no trespassing sign? Pray God would open hearts of those who need His love. Pray we would reach out and touch others lives. Ask that we may never close our hearts to those in need.