Isaiah 48:17 (NIV)
17 This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Here in Isaiah God says He is the Holy One of Israel. God wants His people to know He does not deceive them when He says He is their redeemer, teacher and leader. And God does this with everyone’s best interest in mind.

Everyone at one time or another asks themselves, “What is my life’s purpose?” It is a self-fulfilling question because we always look for answers to satisfy self needs. We may run down to the bookstore picking up the latest and greatest self help book. Or there is a seminar that will teach me how to be who I am. Most of these, even with good intention, offer the same advice: dare to dream, set goals, write expectations, aim high, believe in you, and never give up. These ideas can even bring success and recognition, but it’s not the same as life’s purpose. Our life’s purpose is given to us by God and we cannot fulfill it by our own self. We have to look to God to direct, lead, and teach us. It might even mean we do less, have less or loose our successful life to fulfill that purpose; but in the end Christ will welcome us as a good and faithful servant. Have you asked God what your purpose in life is? Have you waited on His answer? Pray God will direct, lead, and teach you. Thank Him that He knows what is best for your life. Praise His holiness that He is always faithful and will never lead you astray.