1 Corinthians 13:11-12
11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

The apostle is talking of the things to come when we have an eternal life with God. Our present thoughts are childlike and clouded in our understanding of what eternal life will be like. There is no clear picture, but only a glimmer of our future life. But one day we will fully understand, just as God completely understands us.

There is a difference between growing old and growing up. Some may grow old in life, but never grow up in their maturity. Growing old means your body will physically change. What use to be a youthful body slowly ages. Growing up is a positive change in understanding and spiritual growth. As one grows up they mature, become wiser about life and gain discernment of things they once did not understand. As one grows up spiritually they gain a greater understanding of God. They develop a relationship that is full and meaningful. Even their life reflects a mature understanding of who God is. Have you grown up as well as grown old? Pray God would continue to mature you spiritually. Pray your life would reflect a positive and mature lifestyle. Pray you might clearly see what God’s plans hold for you.