John 9:35-39 (NLT)
35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” 36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.” 37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!” 38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus. 39 Then Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.”

Jesus had healed a blind man in the presence of others. Now Jesus was asking him “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” The man could not even see Jesus at the time of the healing because Jesus told him to go to the pool of Siloam and wash off the mud from his eyes; yet all the others around Him saw the miracle. The Pharisees did not believe in the miracle, yet they were angry Jesus had healed someone on the Sabbath. The parents were afraid to even speak about the incident, blinded by fear. Yet this man said, “Yes, Lord, I believe!”

Is this world blind in regards to Christ? When Jesus is presented to the world, many are unwilling to put aside their “lifestyles” to follow Him. The story of the rich young man illustrates this as Jesus told him to give away all his possessions and follow Him. The rich young man walked away disappointed, still hanging onto his earthly wealth, and spiritually poor. There are many who will stand in a church hearing a call to repentance and faith in Christ, but they hang on to what they have because they are blind to the greater rewards Christ offers. They don’t see their sinful life as nothing to hold on to. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says, “Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.” Is there more for all of us to see? Christ offers us more that we could ever imagine yet we often turn Him down because we don’t see what He is offering us. Pray our eyes will be open to what Christ has in store for us. Pray our spiritual blindness will be removed that we may understand the glory of God. Pray God’s light shine unto others so they may also see.