John 3:1-3 (NLT)
1 There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee. 2 After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.” 3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

An important man of Jerusalem, Nicodemus was a religious leader and teacher. Nicodemus sought Jesus out in private so that he might be able to talk with him freely and not have other leaders enraged at Christ because of him. He called Jesus Rabbi, speaking honorably about Him as a great man. Going against what other leaders thought, Nicodemus realized the miracles performed by Jesus was genuine and could only be performed if God were with Him. Jesus then responded to Nicodemus that unless he was born again he could not see the Kingdom of God.

My wife saw a disturbing bumper sticker the other day on the back of a car. The bumper sticker read, BEING BORN ONCE WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. If you have faith Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose again to life you are born again. Any denial of this is a statement against the salvation God so freely offers. 1 Peter 1:3-5 tells us “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.” This is an eternal life, a priceless inheritance with Christ. Yet there are many who deny this eternal life and choose to ignore it. Peter goes on to tell us, “For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.” Pray for those who deny Christ and His gift of eternal life in a place that is pure and undefiled. Pray for those who attempt to hinder the Kingdom of God that they might see the real truth.