Job 31:35-37 (NLT)
35 “If only someone would listen to me! Look, I will sign my name to my defense. Let the Almighty answer me. Let my accuser write out the charges against me. 36 I would face the accusation proudly. I would wear it like a crown. 37 For I would tell him exactly what I have done. I would come before him like a prince.

Job was speaking out about his misery and that it was undeserved. He had recounted all the good he had done and denied all that wrongly accused him. Job was ready to stand proud before a judge and jury knowing in his heart his own innocence.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 says, “As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. It is evil to make mindless offerings to God. Don’t make rash promises, and don’t be hasty in bringing matters before God. After all, God is in heaven, and you are here on earth. So let your words be few.” God had listened patient and quietly to Job and his friends. They did not even know God was present as they went through their discourse. Job may have even felt like his cry for charges to be presented before him was going unheard, but God was listening. His friends tried to convince Job there was sin in his life he just didn’t want to recall it. They made their case and their attempt was to push him towards the Lord. But it was not their work to perform; it was God who needed to talk to Job. Sometimes we think we have to be the ones to push a person back towards God; but God is fully capable of handling the situation, He does not even need us. We can become arrogant in our belief that without us a person will not find the hope in God they need. But as God later points out, who are we to question God and His works. Pray the arrogance of our heart will be removed. Pray and acknowledge there is none like God and that He is fully capable to handle everything. Pray we might examine our own hearts and be honest before God.