Matthew 10:32-33 (NLT)
32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

Here in these verses we find Jesus speaking to the disciples. Jesus is sending them out with the authority to cast out demons and heal illnesses. He has given them some practical advice to carry along with them concerning people in the cities where they will go. Then Jesus goes on to say those who deny His existence, His presence as God, His right as Lord, they will not be recognized before God the Father when they have died.

There was a Charlie Brown Christmas special cartoon written by Charles Schultz that had Charlie Brown looking for the meaning of Christmas. After Charlie Brown had searched and searched for the meaning of Christmas, he finally threw up his hands and exclaimed, “Everything I do is a disaster, I guess I don’t know what Christmas is all about. Is there any one here who knows what Christmas is all about?” Everyone was quiet. And then Linus, with his blanket, came forward and said, “Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about.” And then the camera backed up to show Linus standing alone at center stage, and from memory he recited the Christmas story from Luke chapter 2. Then Linus concluded, “That’s what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.” That’s what Christmas is all about. It was in 1965 when that cartoon was made and it almost didn’t make it to TV because the producers were afraid someone would be offended by Linus reading the Christmas Story from the gospel of Luke. They even wanted Charles Schultz to rewrite the ending, but he refused and said the scripture must stay in. Charles Schultz refused to deny Christ. We should be so bold as Charles Schultz, refusing to deny Christ.