Philippians 4:10-14 (NLT)
10 How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 14 Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.

In these verses the Apostle Paul gives thanks and praise for those who have supported him while he is in prison. He is very grateful for what they have contributed, but he also says he would be content with whatever he received. For he knows Christ can get him through any situation. For it is Christ who gives him strength to make it from one day to the next.

There was a period of time one hundred years ago where the average American could name about 70 items they desired. One hundred years later people were naming around 500 items they wanted. Man is not content with his life and continues to seek out more and more as each day passes. One day as Lord Congelton was passing by one of the cooks he heard her say, “If only I had 5 pounds, it would be enough to make me content.” Shortly Lord Congelton walked over and handed the woman a 5 pound note. She thanked him and Lord Congelton waited quietly outside the door to see if the woman would give thanks to God for her new found money. But as soon as she realized he was gone she said, “Why didn’t I ask for 10 pounds?” Paul found contentment in life, not from the external things of the world; these come and go; Paul found contentment from the internal blessings of Christ who indwelled within him. It is through Christ Paul found contentment no matter how good or bad the circumstance. Have you ever said you could be happy if only??? Maybe it’s time to stop and pray, giving Christ thanks for the blessings you do have and those he is waiting to bestow upon you.