mimi:

Right on! (that phrase dates me).

This thread is about hypotheticals 2 hide or avoid facing what's ac2ally happening. Don't know why: Fear? Patriot afraid of himself or what he's doing or might do?

"Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse. It uses persistent denials of fact which, as they build up over time, make the victim progressively anxious, confused, and less able to trust his or her own memory and perception. A variation of gaslighting, used as a form of harassment, is to subtly alter aspects of a victim's environment, thereby upsetting his or her peace of mind, sense of security, etc."

I ac2ally agree with Mulan, I think it was, who first suggested this.

But never mind.

What about firs principles here?

Froz is scared because she doesn't feel she can trust Patriot. What should patriot do, first and foremost?

Comfort her. Respect her enough 2 be truthful and honest with her.

Need an accountability partner? What for?? And who better than your own wife?

Oh, wait a minute - your W doesn't want you 2 have an association that would require an accountability partner?

Easy answer: Don't have those associations. Stop mulling over the differences between consequences and punishment - or any other putative synonym that might come along.

Look right in front of you. See anything wrong? Correct that, then look for any other areas for improvement and correct those as well.

Don't discuss marriage with anyone other than the person your married 2.

-ol' 2long