Colossians 2:16-19 (NLT)
16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. 18 Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 19 and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.

These are the words of the apostle Paul to those in Colosse. Although Paul was not a founder of the church; Paul cared for the people as though they were special to him. In these verses he warns of those who try to impose rules which become yokes of burden. He warns of those who would say only angels could be mediators with God when Christ is due full honor as our savior and mediator. Paul also warns of those who would think highly of themselves; sinning due to their pride. He reminds them it is Christ who holds together those who are in Him.

Urban Legends are stories, mostly false, people have come to believe. Many baby boomers still remember the show Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins. There was an Urban Legend he was once bitten by a venomous snake on one of the shows and rushed to the hospital. Perkins wrote in his autobiography about this belief: “An interesting after-reaction to this episode is the fact that even today I meet people who in all seriousness tell me that they sat there in front of their television receivers and watched that rattlesnake sink his fangs into my finger. At first, I used to correct them and explain I wasn't on the show that day that the bite occurred before we were on the air. But these people are so sure in their own minds that they have seen this thing happen that I now just let it pass and don't try to correct them. Perhaps this shows the power of suggestion.” As Paul warned those in Colosse we must be careful in accepting urban legends as trust. Instead we must seek out God and Christ on a very personal level where we know them intimately.