Colossians 2:8-10 (NLT)
8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

The apostle speaks about those who try to deceive the believer. Satan spoils the souls of individuals by deceiving and misleading their thoughts. Satan is a master of confusion. He influences others who try to corrupt others with their human thoughts instead of the words that come from God. Paul reminds the Colossians that Christ dwells in those who believe in Him. Therefore Christ being the head over all can lead us correctly. So we should seek to listen to Christ and not depend upon man.

Proverbs 10:1 says, “My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them! King Solomon understood the deceit of man and the influence Satan directs through man. This is a warning to all of us to make sure we seek out what God desires and not what man desires. In Acts 11:4-10 it says the following about Peter: So Peter, starting from the beginning, laid it out for them step-by-step: "Recently I was in the town of Joppa praying. I fell into a trance and saw a vision: Something like a huge blanket, lowered by ropes at its four corners, came down out of heaven and settled on the ground in front of me. Milling around on the blanket were farm animals, wild animals, reptiles, birds—you name it, it was there. Fascinated, I took it all in. Then I heard a voice: 'Go to it, Peter—kill and eat.' I said, 'Oh, no, Master. I've never so much as tasted food that wasn't kosher.' The voice spoke again: 'If God says it's okay, it's okay.' This happened three times, and then the blanket was pulled back up into the sky.” Over time the Law of Moses had developed into rules. Here we see Peter saying I have followed the rules of Moses all my life and I’m not ready to change what I have been taught. But God tells Peter 3 times “If God says it’s okay, it’s okay!” Peter wasn’t listening to God; he was listening to what he had been taught by others. But if God tells us what to do then it is God we should follow. Notice the blanket with animals Peter thought was unclean was taken back up into heaven by God. He was even showing Peter by example that it was ok to do what He had said. Pray you will follow God and His word and not the word of man. Pray Christ will direct you and lead you in the proper directions of life.