1 Peter 2:21-25 (The Message)
21 -25 This is the kind of life you've been invited into, the kind of life Christ lived. He suffered everything that came his way so you would know that it could be done, and also know how to do it, step-by-step. He never did one thing wrong, Not once said anything amiss. They called him every name in the book and he said nothing back. He suffered in silence, content to let God set things right. He used his servant body to carry our sins to the Cross so we could be rid of sin, free to live the right way. His wounds became your healing. You were lost sheep with no idea who you were or where you were going. Now you're named and kept for good by the Shepherd of your souls.

In these verses the apostle Peter, a disciple of Christ, someone who knew Him well describes some attributes of Christ’s life. Christ is our example to follow. He showed us how to live and how to bear suffering in life. He was mocked, yet he held no anger towards anyone. Instead the wounds Christ took upon His body became our healing from sin. We were lost in sin, but now we have Christ to guard over our souls and lead us to righteousness.

I have had people ask me before, if God is such a loving God why does he allow suffering? Where is God in the midst of my suffering an injustice that I am experiencing? Why won’t God do something, I prayed and prayed and prayed, yet I got no response? Our problem is we think we are in control of God; instead God is in control of everything. Jesus understood God had His purpose and His plan. As Jesus was about to face death He prayed to God, “My Father, if there is any way, get me out of this. But please, not what I want. You, what do you want?" Jesus knew the torture and pain he was about to face, but He knew God had a plan for all of man. While Jesus asked out of His humanity to be spared, Jesus also knew whatever God had planned was far greater that the fear He was facing. We have been invited to the life of Christ. There is fulfillment and joy in following Christ. There are blessings untold as we love and reach out to others. But there will always be suffering, the same suffering Christ experience because of sin. Sin is what we should be angry at when we are in distress. And in those times we should praise God that we know what ever happens is in the best interest for all. May God bless you and may the wounds and suffering Christ faced for your sins comfort you in your time of need.