Luke 22:19 (NLT)
19 He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”

Jesus asked Peter and John to go ahead of Him to prepare the Passover meal. They went to a home where they had been instructed to go by Jesus. They found a room prepared for them then they gathered together in the room where Jesus would eat His last supper with His disciples. It was a close and intimate gathering. It was a time where everyone could bond in friendship and enjoy their time together. When they all sat down to eat Jesus told them how eager He was to eat this meal with them before His suffering was to begin. Jesus told them to drink the wine and eat the bread. Then he said, “Do this to remember me.”

Apollo 11 landed on the surface of the moon on Sunday, July 20, 1969. Many probably remember the words of Neil Armstrong as he stepped out of the Lunar Lander, "That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind." Astronaut Buzz Aldrin was there with him during this historic event. Buzz Aldrin was a Presbyterian Elder and brought with him a Communion kit his pastor had given him. After landing on the moon, Aldrin radioed earth with these words: "I'd like to take this opportunity to ask every person listening in, whoever and wherever they may be, to pause for a moment and contemplate the events of the past few hours, and to give thanks in his or her own way." Buzz wanted to remember his Lord and Savior during this historic moment. He received the Lord’s Supper on the surface of the moon. However, Buzz was asked to keep his Communion a secret because of a lawsuit brought by Madalyn Murray O’Hair against NASA for the reading of Genesis on Apollo 8. Buzz Aldrin remembered the creator; the one who placed the moon and hung the stars; the one who gave His life for others to live. The last meal with the disciples was the first meal on the moon. Jesus said, “Do this to remember me.” We should never forget Christ who remembered us and gave His life for our sins. Remember Jesus always and always give thanks for the sacrifice He made.