John 21:20-22 (NLT)
20 Peter turned around and saw behind them the disciple Jesus loved—the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, “Lord, who will betray you?” 21 Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?” 22 Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

John the disciple writes in these verses calling himself “the disciple Jesus loved”. John did not arrogantly list his name but instead placed value as being one (of many) Jesus loved. During the Lord’s Supper, John had asked Jesus who would betray him after Peter urged John to ask. Now Peter walking with Christ was distracted by John. Instead of talking with Jesus he turned to asking about John. Jesus gave Peter an answer, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.” Peter’s concern should have been for own his relationship with Christ and Christ reminded Peter that he was to follow Him.

There have been times I have walked into a store not knowing the location of an item I was seeking. Knowing I might be wandering around aimlessly; I usually walk up to one of the employees and ask, “Where can I find this item?” Often the employee will say, “Follow me” and I follow as they walk me through the store to the item I am searching for. They know the store so I trust to follow them as they lead me to the item I am searching for. Jesus knows and understands every detail of our lives. Jesus tells us to follow Him and He will lead us to that which we need to find. Don’t wander aimlessly in your life; instead let Jesus take you where you need to go.