James 15:16 (NLT)
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

James says Christians should confess their faults to one another and join in prayer for one another. Confession brings reconciliation both to man and to God. Therefore be earnest in your prayers and release sin through yours prayers that you might see the wonderful results God can bring.

King David was a man of prayer. Throughout PSALMS we can see how he poured his heart out to God in confession of sin, cries for help, and to acknowledge God and give praise. Hosea said, “Bring your confessions, and return to the Lord.Say to him,“Forgive all our sins and graciously receive us,so that we may offer you our praises.” Jesus told us that if a person sins against us we should go privately and point the sin out so that we can bring the person back closer not only to ourselves, but also to God. John tells us if we confess our sins to God, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. Imagine a person in church walking up to you and saying, “I have to admit this to someone, I am really struggling with some addiction problems and need some help and someone to pray with me.” What would your response be? Would it be to ignore them? Would it be to say, I’ll keep you in my prayers, and then never remember their need? Or would you ask them, how can I pray right now and how can I help? When we pray for one another we have the chance to see God in action. We can watch as God moves in a person’s life that is struggling as they find answers they could not find before. Without praying for one another we miss out on the opportunity to see what God can do.

Our Father in heaven who is full of mercy and grace,
I pray for someone who may be struggling this morning. I pray for someone who needs your help. Maybe they are struggling with the loss of a loved one. Maybe their physical sickness is overwhelming them. Maybe they just need your reassurance. But I know someone needs you, because I know I need you Lord. I confess Lord I am not perfect and I sin, but I have a perfect Savior who never sinned. It is my savior Jesus who reconciles me and those in need back to you Heavenly Father. I pray your mercy and grace would be abundant. I pray you would ease the pain of the burdened.

In the precious name of Jesus,
Amen