Philemon 1:4-7 (NLT)
4 I always thank my God when I pray for you, Philemon, 5 because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. 6 And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. 7 Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.

The Apostle Paul gives credit to God; thanking God for the good works of others. Paul mentions Philemon, a brother in Christ and how he keeps hearing about Philemon’s love for others. Philemon has put his faith into practice. The love he has shown Paul has refreshed him, given him comfort and joy which lead to him being able to refresh the hearts of others.

Like Paul we are to pray for others and acknowledge when they do good works that strengthen the kingdom of God. We are to take our faith in Christ seriously and apply it to our lives so others may benefit. We are encouraged when others bring joy and comfort to others. It brings also joy and comfort to us seeing the good which is being done. Refresh the hearts of others with kind words, generosity, and living your faith that others may see your love for God. ------- Heavenly Father I thank you this morning for the encouragement of friends and family. I thank you Lord for the love others show through the kindness of their hearts. Lord I am encouraged by those who do acknowledge you and proclaim Jesus as Your Son and Savior. Lord Thank you for those who put your words into action and bless many by doing so. Bless them Lord that they might bless others. ----- Amen