Jeremiah 33:3 (NLT)
3 Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.

The prophet Jeremiah had prayed for answers from God. Here in this verse God reveals Jeremiah should be humbly honest and continue to pray about his concerns if there are to be more answers. It shows the lesson that we must call upon God for Him to hear and respond.

There is a prayer many children are taught and it goes like this - "God is great. God is good. Let us thank Him for our food. By His hands we all are fed. Give us Lord Amen.” The good thing about the prayer is it reminds us God is both great in power, but also good in His nature towards us. I think we don’t often grasp how great and loving our God is. I have heard people say before, “I told God if he could come through on this one prayer I wouldn’t ask for anything else.” Or, “I told God if He would answer my prayer I would do this for Him.” God delights in answering our prayers. He doesn’t need coercion to accomplish our requests. It is our faith and willingness to ask that draws us close God so that He listens and answers. Matthew 13:58 says, “And he (Jesus) did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.” I’m convinced our faith is often weak and we do not pray as we should because of that weakness. George Muller was a man of faith and prayer. During the 1800’s he raised over seven million dollars for orphans without asking a single person. He prayed for orphanages and 100 were opened to care for more the 2000 children. Day by day he prayed long hours for the needs of the children and those needs were met with clothes and food. The bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Pray so that you may hear what God has to say.