Luke 19:2-7 (KJV)
2And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. 3And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. 4And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. 5And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. 6And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. 7And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

This is the story of Zacchaeus, a rich and prominent man in charge of tax collectors, who sought to see Jesus as he approached in the city of Jericho. A small man in stature, he put aside his prominence to climb a tree like a little boy where he could get a better view of Jesus as He passed by. Jesus knew the enthusiasm Zacchaeus had and gave an invitation for Zacchaeus to come to Him that he might abide with him at his home. We know others thought how Jesus could go to be a guest of a man who collected taxes. In those days there were many greedy tax collectors who took more than their portion. But Jesus wanted to be with the man others considered a sinner. He wanted to be with Zacchaeus.

I once toured Paramount studios in California. We were given a warning that if we saw anyone famous, any stars we were to remain quiet and in our group. However as we were transitioning from one place to another, Henry Winkler, The Fonz, from Happy Days walked close by. It was amazing watching people as they moved in his direction to get a better glimpse of this famous actor, director and producer. It is natural to want to seek out someone we have heard much about. Zacchaeus did exactly that; he sought out someone he heard could change his life. I remember a song from Sunday School as a kid, “Zacchaeus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he. He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior passed him by, He looked up in the tree, and he said, "Zacchaeus, you come down from there; For I'm going to your house today, for I'm going to your house today" Zacchaeus came down from that tree, as happy as he could be, He gave his money to the poor, and said: "What a better man I'll be."” Not only did Zacchaeus seek out Jesus, he sought Jesus out for a life changing experience. Jesus impacted the life of Zacchaeus in such a way he was ready to payback those who were cheated with interest. He was ready to give to those in need instead of making demands for money. Has Jesus changed your life? If so give praise to our Lord and Savior who wants to reach out to all sinners and pull each and every sinner closer to Him.