Philippians 3:12-14 (NLT)
12 I don�t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

In writing to the Philippians the Apostle Paul states it was Christ who first possessed or as the KJV says, apprehended him. The Greek word means to lay hold of, obtain, and to make one�s own. Paul recognizes it is Christ�s love for him that moves him forward. Paul knew he was not perfect, but because of Christ he was able to put the past behind him and move forward towards a day of eternal perfection.

Years ago I ran in the New York Marathon race. I wasn�t the fastest runner. My goal was to finish and not be last. After I completed the race, I returned to my hotel room where I listened to the news about a woman with Multiple Sclerosis who was still out there on the streets of New York and had been there for over 12 hours. She had to walk the 26.2 miles with crutches and the disease that inflicted her made every step labor intensive. However she was determined to finish the race even if she was the last person. About twenty four hours later out the hotel window we could see a crowd of people encouraging this woman the final steps to the finish line. It took her over a day to complete the New York Marathon, but she never gave up on the race and the finish line was her reward. The Bible tells us to press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Even if you are struggling, don�t give up the race; hang in there until the finish line.