Psalm 40:17 (ESV)
17 As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God!

This is from a psalm of David who recognizes God is his helper and deliverer. It is a message for those in distress and affliction to trust in God and find comfort in Him as well.

Matthew Henry, a Presbyterian minister and Bible commentator said of David�s psalm. David himself was one of these: I am poor and needy (a king, perhaps now on the throne, and yet, being troubled in spirit, he calls himself poor and needy, in want and distress, lost and undone without a Saviour), yet the Lord thinketh upon me in and through the Mediator, by whom we are made accepted. Men forget the poor and needy, and seldom think of them; but God�s thoughts, towards them are their support and comfort. They may assure themselves that God is their help under their troubles, and will be, in due time, their deliverer out of their troubles, and will make no long tarrying; for the vision is for an appointed time, and therefore, though it tarry, we may wait for it, for it shall come; it will come, it will not tarry.