Romans 7:14-17 (NLT)
14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 15 I don�t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don�t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

When the apostle says the law is spiritual and good he reminds us we were to live a good life; a life free from sin. God�s spirit is always calling to us to do what is right. It forbids spiritual wickedness, murder, adultery and other sins. It commands spiritual obedience calling us to follow and worship God. Yet sin clouds our judgment. We want to do what is right. We hate it when we do the wrong things. So we must agree it is the sin living within us that causes us to move away from the desires of God; otherwise we would listen to what we know is right.

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is a tale of a dual personality that struggles against itself; one good the other evil. From chapter 10 of the book is this quote, �With every day, and from both sides of my intelligence, the moral and the intellectual, I thus drew steadily nearer to the truth, by whose partial discovery I have been doomed to such a dreadful shipwreck: that man is not truly one, but truly two." According to the bible the true is we should have been without sin; but sin entered our lived, corrupted our thinking, and we began to choose against our desires. To God we are a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde knowing what we should do, but then turning away from our true nature to something we are not. Pray Christ would open our eyes to sin and help us in the moments of our weakness. Pray we might obey God and follow His desires for our lives.