2 Corinthians 9:6-9 (NLT)
6 Remember this�a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don�t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. �For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.� 8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 9 As the Scriptures say, �They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.�

The apostle speaks to the church of Corinth explaining what is right and acceptable concerning charity. Those who give will find a good return on what they do. Those who are generous will find a greater abundance of favorable return. Yet each person must give out of the cheerfulness of their heart and not give begrudgingly because they felt enticed to do so. God says He himself will provide what is needed for those who share with others.

My wife�s grandmother loved the Lord and showed it through her charity to the church and her help to others. She lived on a very modest retirement from a mill where she retired. I was always amazed at how she would faithfully give her donations to the church; even sending them with someone else on those Sundays she could not attend church. She donated to other charities that were meant to serve the Lord. And while she didn�t possess riches or wealth; her needs were always met. She always seemed to have a little extra to help when someone needed something. She was content with life and gave cheerfully, which is what the Lord asks us to do. I know now that she is in heaven she has seen the fruit of her gifts and the harvest she help to produce.