1 Corinthians 7:32-35 (NLT)
32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord�s work and thinking how to please him. 33 But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. 34 His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

The Apostle Paul writes to the church of Corinth about the distractions of life. In these verses Paul does not discourage marriage, but instead encourages to do what is best to serve the Lord with the fewest possible distractions. In Christ there are no restrictions and in our devotion to the Lord we must always choose what is best to serve Him.

Later in the book of Corinthians the apostle gives an example of keeping focused. In 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 he says, �Don�t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.� Paul kept his life focused on the Lord so as not to get distracted. He saw the goal of eternal life with Christ. He intently served the Lord knowing one day he would be with the Lord in heaven. What distracts you from serving the Lord in this short life here on earth? Some allow life itself to become a distraction. Some allow objects to become their desire that distracts them from God. Some give into addictions because it is a distraction from painful feelings, but also distracts them from connecting with the Lord. So pray with me that we may remove the distractions of life and see the purpose God has given us. Let us serve with intent and keep our eyes on Christ in heaven. May God bless you always.