Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 103 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 102 103
AskMe #2709065 02/28/13 07:44 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Proverbs 28:13 (NLT)
13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.

This proverb is for those who in the indulgence of sin, hide, excuse, deny, diminish or place blame on others. People can try to hide the sin, but most often the sin is eventually disclosed. One can find mercy and peace by confession of their sin to God. They must be careful and accountable not to return to the sin or they will once again find themselves trapped by the same snare.

Most of us have probably heard a joke similar to this one:
Patient - Doctor I broke my arm in two places.
Doctor � I would stay out of them places.

When it comes to sin the joke above holds a lot of truth. When you know you are heading to a place that leads you to sin then don�t go there. We cannot regularly put ourselves in the face of temptation and not be affected. When faced with the problem of temptation, we need to take the good doctor�s advice and "stay out of them places�.

We also need to be willing to seek help when needed. A person who needs medical help and does not seek treatment cannot expect to find a cure. In the same way when we know we are tempted by sin we need to find help. Sometimes that help comes in the form of accountability to another. Sometimes it may be to obtain wise counsel. And it should always include God who can direct us in the right ways.

Lastly we cannot keep a sin covered and expect healing. If not treated properly a covered wound will only become infected making the problem worst. The same is true with hidden sins. When a sin is covered and hidden deep within a person the sin will fester and infect their lives.

Duncan Campbell (1898 - 28 March 1972) was a fiery Scottish preacher, who is best known for being a leader in the Lewis Awakening or Hebrides Revival, a mid-20th century religious revival in the Scottish Hebrides. He once said, �Don�t expect God to cover what you are unwilling to uncover.� If there is covered sin in your life affecting you maybe now is the time to turn to someone you trust for help.

AskMe #2709728 03/02/13 12:42 PM
P
P
Very good stuff.

Pepperband #2709856 03/03/13 10:21 PM
J
J
Gospel Reading

The reading is from Luke 15:11-32

The Lord said this parable: "There was a man who had two sons; and the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of the property that falls to me.' �And he divided his living between them. �Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took his journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in loose living. �And when he had spent everything, a great famine arose in that country, and he began to be in want. �So he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed swine. �And he would gladly have fed on the pods that the swine ate; and no one gave him anything. �But when he came to himself he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, but I perish here with hunger! �I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son; treat me as one of yo
ur hired servants.' �And he arose and came to his father. �But while he was yet at a distance, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. �And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' �But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet; and bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and make merry; for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' �And they began to make merry. �Now his elder son was in the field; and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. �And he called one of the servants and asked what this meant. �And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe and sound.' �But he was angry and refused to go in. �His father came out and entrea
t
ed him, but he answered his father, 'Lo, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command; yet you never gave me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends. �But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your living with harlots, you killed for him the fatted calf!' �And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. �It was fitting to make merry and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.'"

The Holy Martyrs Eutropius, Cleonicus, and Basiliscus

Reading from the Synaxarion:

The Martyrs, who were from Amasia, were fellow soldiers and kinsmen of Saint Theodore the Tyro (see Feb. 17). They were betrayed to the Governor Asclepiodotus as Christians, during the reign of Diocletian (284-305). After many torments, Eutropius and Cleonicus were crucified; Basiliscus was not slain together with them, but was shut up in prison, in the hope that with time he might change his mind and sacrifice to the idols. He was beheaded on May 22; see also the account on that day.

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Psalm 19:12 (NLT)
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.

As David understood, one might know God�s law but to apply it to self and understand your faults is very difficult indeed. We are often right in own eyes, but not in the eyes of God. We all need divine grace to show us these faults, provide us mercy and grace to overcome these faults, and free us from the power of sin that holds us to these faults.

I once heard a man say, �I think I communicate really well with my wife. We sit down and have conversations and talk about the events of the day.� Then someone asked, �How does she feel about the things you talk about.� The man who thought he communicated well said, �You know, I�m usually so caught up in the facts of the day I didn�t think about what she felt.� He went on to say, �I guess I�m not such a great communicator after all.�

King David understood that while we may think we know ourselves, we really don�t. We can only see ourselves from our point of view and often miss what God and others see. And if you can�t see your fault it sure makes it difficult to correct. We all have had that experience where someone notices something externally about us, such as having a spot on our clothes we can�t see. Just as we have spots externally, we have spots on the inside we can�t see that need correcting.

Make your prayer as David�s that God would cleanse you from the hidden faults in your life. Allow yourself grace and mercy as God brings good friends to you who share their hearts in love to show you faults in your life. Know that God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from our hidden faults.

AskMe #2710211 03/05/13 07:33 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)
6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

In these verses Moses prescribes the people to keep the commands of the Lord near and dear to their hearts. They are to be learned, memorized, and dwelled upon. They should be the root basis of living and impressive enough our children see our actions and learn from them. They are to be talked about, discussed with family, friends and spouse. They are rules for living that should be a part of each and every day.

Bill White of Paramount, California once shared: �It was one of those evenings when everything goes wrong. The kids were cranky while I was making dinner, so I gave them some hot chocolate to tide them over. Timothy, who is five, decided to throw his marshmallows at his little sister, knocking her hot chocolate all over her. As she began screaming, the phone rang (and I foolishly answered it) and the doorbell rang (and I foolishly answered it�with the phone on my ear and a screaming kid in the background). I then returned to the kitchen and hollered at Timothy, and promptly had two crying kids.

As dinner began to burn and I deposited my daughter in the bath, I loudly announced that I was so angry I might do anything, so I declared I was putting myself in timeout. I closed the door, none too gently, and tried to get dinner to be the only thing simmering in the kitchen.

Everything changed about ten minutes later when I caught sight of a yellow piece of construction paper sliding under the door. In the unsteady hand of a kindergartener was scrawled a message of grace that pierced my heart and turned me around:

"From Timothy. To Dad. I still love you even when you're angry."�

Children observe and reflect the actions of their parents. Fortunately we have a Father in heaven that loves us, allows us grace and mercy, and shows us forgiveness. If we could only stop and reflect upon the Father and imitate him instead of allowing outside influences to control our lives. When we find ourselves out of control it�s time to step back and let The Lord take control. It�s much easier to do this when we know God intimately, understand His commandments for our life, and have a genuine relationship with Him. Let God�s commandments be on your heart so you know how to respond when times are stressful.

AskMe #2710233 03/05/13 09:26 AM
J
J
Yes. Sometimes I have to take a walk outside when
Things get crazy. Not often but sometimes

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Proverbs 6:1-5 (NIV)
1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, if you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger, 2 you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth. 3 So do this, my son, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor�s hands: Go�to the point of exhaustion� and give your neighbor no rest! 4 Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids. 5 Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler.

In these verses Solomon warns his son about having a lack of good sense and foresight. He give warning about helping another secure their debt; for by pledging to do so holds one captive to a debt they had no part in. Solomon indicates it is so important to remove the pledge one should do everything possible, including disregarding sleep, in order to break free of that promise.

There is a story I have heard many times in our family. Employees at a company where a family member worked could participate in the company credit union. The credit union allowed unsecured loans if a person obtained signatures of other credit union members who would guarantee payment. One employee was replacing the carpet in their home and needed a loan. So she asked the family member and several other people to sign the guarantee for her loan, which they did. Back then most people trusted the other employees they worked with. Well once this person had their home newly carpeted they quit their job, put their house up for sale and moved � never paying their debt. You can probably guess what happened next. The people who signed the guarantee had to split the payments among them and pay her debt.

What I love about The Bible is the wisdom it provides us. Thousands of years before this family member signed for this other person�s debt the words of The Bible had already warned them against doing so. If only they had taken to heart the wisdom Solomon gave they would have avoided paying another�s debt.

This is why it is so important to read The Bible and understand its words. For in The Bible we are given life lessons of others to follow or avoid. We are taught how to enrich our lives and avoid pain and misery. We are taught that God loves us and provides forgiveness, mercy and grace for sin. And we are given a plan for salvation that we can know for certain how to have eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Read and enjoy The Bible so you might have the wisdom you need for life in this world.

AskMe #2710742 03/07/13 07:13 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)
23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The psalmist asks God to examine him for anything that might offend God. The psalmist desires to be right with God even to the point of being tested by God. The psalmist is anxious for he has seen what his adversaries are trying to do and his greatest desire is for God to lead him in the right direction.

Imagine you�re out for a hike on a beautiful spring day and you come to a creek. But there�s something wrong with this picture. You notice that someone has dumped trash into the stream�an ugly sight. Judging by some of the empty soda cans, the trash has been there awhile. And there is an ugly film on top of the water. You can�t just leave the scene as you found it, because it would bother your conscience. So you stoop down and begin gathering the trash.

It actually takes several hours before you can begin to see a difference; it�s amazing how much junk is there. You sit back, rest for a moment, and realize you�ll have to keep returning each day until the site is truly clean. But when you come back the next day, it�s as if your work has been undone.

In fact there�s more trash than before. Somehow the garbage bred overnight. You think about the unlikelihood of someone coming to this very spot to dump their garbage in the few hours while you were away, and you realize that something smells fishy�so to speak. So you begin to follow the creek upstream.

Sure enough, you come to a garbage dump that has been there for years. It�s emptying into the passing creek. Your cleaning job only opened up a gap for more stuff to settle. You could go and clean every day �. If you want your creek to be clean, that means going directly to the source and dealing with what�s there. [Condensed from Kyle Idleman, Gods at War (Zondervan, 2013)]

The psalmist above asked God to examine him and to pinpoint the offense things in his life. He asked God to go right to the source, his heart, and examine it. Then if there was something there that needed to change he asked God to lead him towards that change. I believe we all need to ask God to search us for what can change in our lives for the good and live out the response God gives us.

AskMe #2710776 03/07/13 09:21 AM
J
J
"the heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?"

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
"the heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?"

Funny how an old radio show paraphrased that - The introduction from The Shadow radio program "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" spoken by actor Frank Readick Jr.

AskMe #2711102 03/08/13 07:36 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

In these verses The Apostle gives praise to God the Father and Son for their compassion and comfort. The Apostle acknowledges when we are confronted with troubles of various types it is God himself who comforts us. The purpose of God�s comfort is to learn from God Himself how to give comfort to others facing the same difficulties we also have received.

In the story �A Simple Gesture�, an inspirational tale written by John W. Schlatter that appears in the 1993 bestseller, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Schlatter writes -- Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all of the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball bat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Mark knelt down and helped the boy pick up the scattered articles. Since they were going the same way, he helped to carry part of the burden. As they walked Mark discovered the boy's name was Bill, that he loved video games, baseball and history, and that he was having lots of trouble with his other subjects and that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.

They arrived at Bill's home first and Mark was invited in for a Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed pleasantly with a few laughs and some shared small talk, then Mark went home. They continued to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice, then both graduated from junior high school. They ended up in the same high school where they had brief contacts over the years. Finally the long awaited senior year came and three weeks before graduation, Bill asked Mark if they could talk.

Bill reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. "Did you ever wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?" asked Bill. "You see, I cleaned out my locker because I didn't want to leave a mess for anyone else. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I realized that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So you see, Mark, when you picked up those books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life."

Jesus frequently modeled compassion so we might understand how to show compassion to others. The story above illustrates how an act of compassion had a great impact on the life of one young man. Compassion and comfort changed his life forever. Many of you have faced difficult experiences in life and managed to endure through them. When you see someone else going through something similar, not only can you have compassion, but you can also empathize with the person and be a great blessing to them. Reach out to others in compassion so they may understand God�s compassion and love for them.

AskMe #2711683 03/11/13 06:17 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
John 7:10-13 (NLT)
10 But after his brothers left for the festival, Jesus also went, though secretly, staying out of public view. 11 The Jewish leaders tried to find him at the festival and kept asking if anyone had seen him. 12 There was a lot of grumbling about him among the crowds. Some argued, �He�s a good man,� but others said, �He�s nothing but a fraud who deceives the people.� 13 But no one had the courage to speak favorably about him in public, for they were afraid of getting in trouble with the Jewish leaders.

The event above happens during the Jewish Festival of Shelters. Jesus had sent the disciples ahead to the festival. Jesus went later, but remained out of public view for a portion of the festival. The Jewish leaders were always trying to challenge Jesus so they were seeking Him out for a confrontation. The people witnessed this. Some commented Jesus was a good man while others called Him a fraud. Yet due to fear no one had the courage to speak favorably about Jesus in public.

Abraham Lincoln once said, �To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards out of men.� There are times when we must push aside the fear of what others will think and stand up and do what is right. We cannot let fear control us for even God�s word says in 2 Timothy 1:7, �For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.�

Two key parts in speaking up is to insure we have the self-discipline in that our actions show us true to our words. Secondly our motives should be out of love; for if we speak up with any other motive someone will see through those motives. It is with these principles we can find the power and courage to speak up for what is right.

The Jewish leaders attacked Jesus because they saw how the crowds were drawn to Him. They feared their leadership would be taken. Sadly those who saw the true love, compassion and mercy of Jesus often kept quiet because they feared what might happen to them. And I would venture to say there are many who might do the same today.

Fear comes from the enemy who would wish us to keep silent when an injustice is made. Let us not be found cowards, but people of conviction who would stand up for those things that are right and true.

AskMe #2711934 03/12/13 06:01 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Peter 1:5-7 (NLT)
5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God�s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

Peter�s own words are best for the opening of this chapter, �This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ. I am writing to you who share the same precious faith we have. This faith was given to you because of the justice and fairness of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior. May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.� In building our relationship with The Lord we are to take heed of God�s promises and allow our faith to grow. The Apostle gives us those areas for growth in verses 5-7 above.

It has been called the greatest rescue mission of World War II. Late in that war, American bombers were sent on dangerous missions over southern Europe to cripple the Nazis' oil supplies. Hundreds of crews in flying tin cans soared through storms of anti-aircraft shells. Many American pilots were forced to bail from their shot-up planes. The injured airmen drifted by parachute into occupied Yugoslavia, expecting to be captured or killed. Instead, on the ground remarkable rescue teams were already in place. Serbian peasants tracked the path of the floating flight crews. Their sole mission was to grab the flyboys and bring them to safety�before the Nazis arrived. Risking their own lives, the peasants fed and sheltered the downed solders. These rescued men were in friendly hands but on enemy soil. They still needed to escape. The story of what became known as Operation Haylard builds toward a daring mission, a secret landing strip, and a clandestine evacuation plan. Amazingly, those Serbian peasants rescued every single American airman�over 500 in all.� (Dave Harvey, Rescuing Ambition (Crossway, 2010), pp. 63-64)

When we walk alone we are more vulnerable to attacks. When we come together to serve a common cause that is when we are strong. There were those who were injured and weak, but they were carried by those who could support their burdens. Even though the enemy was present these soldiers stood among friends who cared for them.

Remember these words, because in our journey with Christ He is there to carry our burdens even when we are surrounded by the enemy. With Christ we are less vulnerable to the attacks the enemy brings towards us. In understanding Christ�s love for us we can give back to others in the same way He gives to us. Follow Peter�s words to supplement your faith with morality, knowledge, self-control, godliness, brotherly affection, and a love for everyone that we may assist them as they may one day assist us.

AskMe #2712223 03/13/13 06:48 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Romans 8:28 (NLT)
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

From Matthew Henry�s Commentary - The privilege of the saints, that all things work together for good to them, that is, all the providences of God that concern them. All that God performs he performs for them. Their sins are not of his performing, therefore not intended here, though his permitting sin is made to work for their good. But all the providences of God are theirs�merciful providences, afflicting providences, personal, public. They are all for good; perhaps for temporal good, as Joseph�s troubles; at least, for spiritual and eternal good. That is good for them which does their souls good. Either directly or indirectly, every providence has a tendency to the spiritual good of those that love God, breaking them off from sin, bringing them nearer to God, weaning them from the world, fitting them for heaven.

I'm sitting in yet another hospital waiting room. Ever since my husband, Barry, first underwent open heart and quadruple bypass surgery 15 months ago, I've been in this waiting room�or one just like it�more times than I can count on one hand, waiting for him to come out of the operating room. In little more than a year's time, my vocabulary has increased to include words and phrases such as aneurysm, atrial fib, and EP study with ablation. They all mean I have to put on a cheery face, kiss Barry good-bye, and promise I won't worry about him or forget to eat lunch and lock the garage door at night while he's in the hospital again. With all Barry's surgeries and procedures, we've had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year�one of the worst in our 32 years together. Yet, ironically, it's also turned out to be the best. I learned just how deeply Barry loves me. As he was all prepped and waiting to go into surgery to repair his aortic aneurysm, Barry looked at my friend Tara, who was waiting with us, and said, "Make sure Nancy takes care of herself. Promise me, or else I'll worry." He wasn't worried about being sliced open again�he was worried about me. I came to faith in Christ three years after Barry and I married, and for almost 30 years I prayed about my husband's relationship with the Lord. Then the day of Barry's open-heart surgery, he told me if he died, I'd see him again, because he knew Jesus was his Savior. He prayed with me, he prayed with a friend, and he prayed with his surgeon. Barry hasn't stopped praying�he prays with me every day. What I'd asked God for all these years�to heal the spiritual rift in my marriage, to bring my husband and me close�God had given. He'd performed heart surgery on us both, ripping us apart and knitting us back together. Barry and I talk often about this past year, how it's been awful�and awfully good. We wouldn't wish this kind of year on anyone and wouldn't want to go through it again, but we're glad it happened. We thank God for the good days and the bad, because in all our days God's held us both securely in his grip. We've known God's incredible kindness to us. Our hearts are in his hands. We've had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year�and I praise God for it.
[Condensed from an article by Nancy Kennedy, "Walk with Me," a Today's Christian Woman blog , (12/02/07)]

We don�t always understand the difficulties we are going through in life. We face problems, turmoil and hardships. But as I have noticed over the years there is often something good that comes out of those problems. Just as Nancy and Barry had trying moments of life it brought them closer. As Nancy said, �We've had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year�and I praise God for it.� Let�s always give God praise for both the difficult and good times in our life knowing God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God.

AskMe #2712355 03/13/13 04:23 PM
B
B
AskMe, I'm going to try to read your devotionals everyday. I'm on this forum everyday and I love your faithfulness in putting this on here. I am a born again christian and have been struggling with my relationship with God since the infidelity bomb hit my life.

Thank you.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
BetrayedP #2712486 03/14/13 05:55 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
9 So let�s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don�t give up.

The Apostle encourages us not to become weary of doing what is right and good. The farmer plants seed and then at the right time reaps a harvest. In the same way those who preserve in doing good will reap a harvest of blessing in their lives.

Victoria Ruvolo, 45, of Lake Ronkonkoma, New York, was selected as the "Most Inspiring Person of 2005" by Beliefnet, and for good reason. Victoria was driving to her niece's voice recital when she passed another car driven by 19-year-old Ryan Cushing. Cushing was riding with five other teens, and had just used a stolen credit card to go on a spending spree. One of their purchases was a frozen turkey, which Cushing decided to toss into oncoming traffic. The 20-pound projectile smashed through Ruvolo's windshield, crushing her face.

Amazingly, Ruvolo survived, although she spent 10 hours in an operating room while doctors repaired her face. When she finally went home, she brought a tracheotomy tube and endured months of painful rehabilitation.

On October 17, 2005, Ruvolo attended Cushing's sentencing and asked his judge for leniency. Part of her statement read:

"Despite all the fear and the pain, I have learned from this horrific experience, and I have much to be thankful for�. Each day when I wake up, I thank God simply because I'm alive. I sincerely hope you have also learned from this awful experience, Ryan. There is no room for vengeance in my life, and I do not believe a long, hard prison term would do you, me, or society any good." Cushing, who wept and expressed remorse for his action, was sentenced to six months in jail. He could have gotten a 25-year prison sentence if Ruvolo, his victim, had not intervened.

Ruvolo added: "I truly hope that by demonstrating compassion and leniency I have encouraged you to seek an honorable life. If my generosity will help you mature into a responsible, honest man whose graciousness is a source of pride to your loved ones and your community, then I will be truly gratified, and my suffering will not have been in vain�. Ryan, prove me right." [Leah Ingram, "Compassionate victim," www.beliefnet.com (December 2005)]

Let us all pray that acts of mercy such as shown by Victoria Ruvolo will change the lives of others so they may do what is good. For our Father has shown us mercy and grace through His Son Jesus Christ that we too can seek a honorable life to live.

BetrayedP #2712489 03/14/13 06:15 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BetrayedP
AskMe, I'm going to try to read your devotionals everyday. I'm on this forum everyday and I love your faithfulness in putting this on here. I am a born again christian and have been struggling with my relationship with God since the infidelity bomb hit my life.

Thank you.

Father I thank you for a sister in Christ who longs to be closer to you. I realize that we all face hard and painful difficulties in our life that overwhelm us even to the point of struggling with any relationship, including you Father. But Father you are just, loving, gracious and merciful and your desire is a relationship with us. You desire that we fellowship with you and walk with you and converse with you. Father I pray for my sister in Christ that you would be close to her. I thank you for the blessing she gave me in her kind words. Father I know what happened in her life felt exactly what she said, a bomb hit. So Father I ask for her healing and that you would supply all her needs. Impart wisdom to both her and her husband that they can see the steps they need to make. Father I pray for the children and I pray a hedge of protection around them. I pray you would help them know you are near and keeping everyone safe. Bless my sister in Christ and restore the heart of her husband.

I pray these things in the name of Son Jesus Christ,
Amen

AskMe #2712708 03/14/13 09:36 PM
B
B
Amen. I receive your prayer over my life. God bless you.

My thoughts on the devotion today; I did not equate wanting vengeance or even justice with being weary of well doing. It is in a way. Because I get to thinking that doing good to those who do evil to you is just being a door mat. When do you throw in the towel? This verse says there is a blessing to be had if you don't give up. It must be true, because God's word doesn't lie.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
BetrayedP #2712741 03/15/13 06:47 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BetrayedP
Amen. I receive your prayer over my life. God bless you.

My thoughts on the devotion today; I did not equate wanting vengeance or even justice with being weary of well doing. It is in a way. Because I get to thinking that doing good to those who do evil to you is just being a door mat. When do you throw in the towel? This verse says there is a blessing to be had if you don't give up. It must be true, because God's word doesn't lie.

We all need boundaries in life our that protect and secure us. We would never walk to an edge of cliff and lean over knowing there will be consequences. We can do good for those who are evil, but we do it with safe boundaries in place that protect and secure who we are. Saying "Enough" is not giving up, but saying I won't accept this behavior and there has to be change. Then you never give up hoping God will lead you where you need to be.

AskMe #2712742 03/15/13 06:47 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Corinthians 5:8-7 (NLT)
6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

These are comforting words from The Apostle that while we live here on earth -- we are not at home with The Lord. We long to be with The Lord, but have a purpose here on earth to fulfill. But through faith, through believing we can be fully confident there will be a day when we abandon our earthly body and rest in peace, joy and comfort with The Lord.

Yesterday our family found out my mother has terminal cancer. It is somewhat of a shock when you hear those words. The doctor then goes on to say they can�t provide any timeline, but death could occur anywhere from two weeks to six months. They go on to say they are calling hospice to ensure her comfort for the final days. You know then this is real and just a matter of time.

My mother is a Christian and as hard as those words were to hear she said, �I really don�t want to leave my family, but I will do what is best.� The doctor reassured her in this case she could be selfish and do what is best for her. My mother�s attitude was a lot better than I would expect most people to be. I�m sure she still has to process it a bit, but she knows to be absent from her body her on earth is to be present with the Lord. She was even a little excited to think about seeing her mother, father, and grandparents who passed away years ago.

You see Christians have the hope of being reunited with other Christian friends and family. They know this earth is a temporary place where they are to live out their purpose for God. They know their faith in Jesus Christ who died for their sins assures them a place in heaven. My mother is living proof of that faith knowing there is a better world waiting for her. She doesn�t really want to leave behind those who are here, but she knows one day all of us will be with her.

There is true comfort to be found in the Lord. I pray for all people that they can find the comfort, faith and trust my mother has in the Lord. If you would like to pray my mother her name is Phyllis. I am sure she would love and covet your prayers.

Page 64 of 103 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 102 103

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 989 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation